It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 09:12 PM   #1
(female)

gomer4 HB User
Gallbladder gone, nausea after eating

My daughter had her gallbladder out about 6 months ago. She had a spell about a week after getting it out of nausea, but after many tests, it sort of went away. She had an ultrasound, hita scan and a ECRP (or whatever the initials are!). THey cleaned "sludge" out of the common bile duct, but she had actually felt better before that last test.

Fast forward 6 months..........for the past month she has had nausea after eating. Not nausea as extreme as after the surgery, but enough that she comments on it. THe doctor said to treat it like acid reflux--take antiacids before eating, etc, to see if that helped first, and it really hasn't.

Can she have problems with gallstones even though her gall bladder is gone? Or is there some other reason for all this?
Please, any help or advise is welcome.

Lori

Old 10-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
(male)

miknan HB User
Re: Gallbladder gone, nausea after eating

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer4 View Post
My daughter had her gallbladder out about 6 months ago. She had a spell about a week after getting it out of nausea, but after many tests, it sort of went away. She had an ultrasound, hita scan and a ECRP (or whatever the initials are!). THey cleaned "sludge" out of the common bile duct, but she had actually felt better before that last test.

Fast forward 6 months..........for the past month she has had nausea after eating. Not nausea as extreme as after the surgery, but enough that she comments on it. THe doctor said to treat it like acid reflux--take antiacids before eating, etc, to see if that helped first, and it really hasn't.

Can she have problems with gallstones even though her gall bladder is gone? Or is there some other reason for all this?
Please, any help or advise is welcome.

Lori
I think you can still get gallstones in your bile ducts. An ultrasound first then an MRCP can look for that. If negative and nausea persists, you could ask for a gastric emptying study to see how her stomach is emptying. If it is reflux, she might need something stronger than just antiacids. Try Prilosec or some other PPI. How is her diet? Make sure she eats the right food. So often I wonder how people with these problems on these boards eat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #3
(female)

gomer4 HB User
Re: Gallbladder gone, nausea after eating

thanks for the reply.........

She usually eats right, but has been "off" of her regular diet for a couple of months.........not sure what that is all about, but is eating more than normal. If this persist, I am going back to the doctor to discuss what next. She can get the nausea after eating fatty foods, and also after eating toast, so I can't really pinpoint what's up.
thanks again.........Lori

Closed Thread