It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
(female)

rellorba HB User
Red face Tiny Gallbladder?

I never had any health problems until my son was born 5 months ago. 2 weeks after he was born I had what I think was a gallbladder attack. Then another one 2 weeks later and since then I've had 10-15, 1 of which was so severe I went to the ER. I had 2 ultrasounds, after which I was "accused" of having eaten beforehand and thus obscuring my gallbladder because they could not find it. I had not eaten in over 15 hours. So they scheduled a cat scan and told me I had a tiny gallbladder with small stones.

My GI doctor is going to do an endoscopy to make sure there's nothing else going on down there, but I feel like at this point I have no other options than to get the surgery. I am worried though that I would get it removed and still have issues, or have new issues to deal with!

I tried a flush and had no success. I thought maybe my attacks were caused by the constipation I had been dealing with since my son was born but even on days that I have a bowel movement, I sometimes have an attack. I'm at my wit's end. I can deal with a minor attack but I've had 2 major ones with vomiting, chills and insane pain and sometimes percocet doesn't even cover the pain.

Anyway, I guess I'm just asking if anyone has ever been told they have a tiny gallbladder because I've been curious ever since I was told that and can't find anything online about it. Also, any advice for me??

Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2007, 07:39 AM   #2
(female)

rellorba HB User
Re: Tiny Gallbladder?

anyone????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2007, 10:26 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Tiny Gallbladder?

Sorry...mine was normal sized. I had stones so had it removed.

Closed Thread