It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
(female)

Narda99 HB User
Gall Bladder Disease Symptoms

I have been treated for H. Pylori bacteria because of a horrible gnawing, empty feeling in my stomach, which was diagnosed as a duodenal ulcer. However, after this treatment, I am still in agony. I was also given a gall bladder ultrasound which showed multiple stones. I have never had any pain on my right side, or anywhere near that area, and I am able to eat everything. In fact, my stomach feels better when I eat. I am supposed to see a surgeon about the gall bladder removal. Does this sound like a bad gall bladder?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2007, 09:36 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Gall Bladder Disease Symptoms

Everyone has different symptoms. One friend just had severe nausea and vomiting. No right side pain, nothing else. Nothing ever showed up on the ultrasound or the HIDA scan. They finally removed the gb during an emergency surgery and found it on the brink of rupturing. If you have multiple stones, you should have it out before it ruptures. Another friend's father died of a ruptured gb.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #3
(female)

mizzaj HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narda99 View Post
I have been treated for H. Pylori bacteria because of a horrible gnawing, empty feeling in my stomach, which was diagnosed as a duodenal ulcer. However, after this treatment, I am still in agony. I was also given a gall bladder ultrasound which showed multiple stones. I have never had any pain on my right side, or anywhere near that area, and I am able to eat everything. In fact, my stomach feels better when I eat. I am supposed to see a surgeon about the gall bladder removal. Does this sound like a bad gall bladder?
Hi Narda,

I'm sorry that you're still having stomach issues after the H Pylori treatment! I tested negative for it after submitting a stool sample, but I'm still having the same problems. My doc said that if my problems had been caused by H Pylori, the treatment would have cleared them up by now. Do you know if you're H Pylori negative?

It's possible that the stones aren't causing you problems either. Or maybe they are. It's hard to know! I had microstones, or "flecks" as the tech called them when I had an ultrasound last March. Since that time, I've had two ultrasounds and nothing showed up. I've heard small gallstones can cause more problems, but I have no idea if they were causing any problems at all. I know what you mean about feeling better when you eat. I often do too-- except that I get very full (most of the time) and it's uncomfortable. I am hoping to get a HIDA scan to see if perhaps my gb is just not functioning. If it's functioning less than expected, I will get it out. But I can see how it's tough to know if it's worth getting out based on stones that may or may not be causing you problems-- it'd be eaiser if your symptoms were more "classic" of gb, but we all do present differently!

Old 12-16-2007, 12:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Hi girls x sorry to see your still here and posting!"!!! lm wondering what a gall bladder attack would feel like? Im still having some probs and have decided foolishly lm going to keep a diary of what l eat and how l feel that day l should of done it ages ago! durrr!!! then again l have other health probs too so maybe someone will pick up whats probally obvious! Ive had that horrible sternum area pain again its almost like a muscle spasm where l dare not move till it passes would be interested to hear what others experience when they have a gb attack. ( Boy l hope we manage a pain free xmas! will be back later take care all

Old 12-21-2007, 12:39 PM   #5
(female)

rozbel HB User

when i had gb attacks felt like someone was squeezing something inside very very tightly, on the upper right hand side of my stomach under my rib cage. had gb removed by keyhole on mon so hoping i wont have to experience an attack ever again as was most painful thing i've ever had. hope this is of some help to you

Old 12-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Thanks so much for the reply. Ive been getting pain to my left side of my stomach sort of bottom or mid rib cage and the pain l get like a twisting is my sternum area maybe what you lot have isnt what l have! Thanks anyway good luck with your recovery xx

Old 12-21-2007, 06:27 PM   #7
(female)

Narda99 HB User

I had my upper endoscopy on Wednesday and found out I have gastritis and stomach polyps. The GI doctor said my symptoms did not indicate gall bladder disease as I have had no problems in that area even though I have stones. Did not suggest I do anything unless I have an attack.

Closed Thread