It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2007, 08:43 AM   #1
(male)

Gar2007 HB User
Gallbladder and Heart Palpatations

Hello,

I had my gallbladder taken out three days ago. My doc said it was dead and inflamed and probably was causing my nausea and stomach problems. My question is can gallbladder problems cause heart palpatations? I had suffered from palpatations for years and my meds didnt help it. It seemed to get worse. Now I have not had a palpatation for three days after surgery. Anyone know about this?

Old 12-22-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
(male)

Collector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB User
Re: Gallbladder and Heart Palpatations

In my experience yes gallbladder problems can lead to heart palpitations. I can't explain what the connection is.

My symptoms started similar to ulcers, gnawing of the stomach, loss of appetite, etc. Then as time progressed I had two very severe episodes of heart palpitations, both so strong that they woke me from a dead sleep and I normally sleep very well. They did an EKG and found nothing. However, my blood pressure and pulse continued to be erratic for many months. Later developed the classic gallbladder symptoms of pain under the ribs, in the shoulder, etc.

I have been treated with Ursodiol since June and the last few times at the Dr. my blood pressure and pulse have been normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2007, 07:49 AM   #3
(female)

nanarich1 HB User

I have heart palp as well. I am havin mine taken out Dec 27. I hope this helps that as well. That is scarey! I as well had EKG, stress test, dye in my veins, and tested from neck to ankle for blood clots. All turned out nothing. My doc said a weak gallbladder can cause them.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #4
(female)

Pebkac HB User

I developed scary heart palpitations a few days after my gall bladder was out. I went for the recommended walk, and after 10 mins I was dizzy and my heart felt funny. After that, I frequently got heart palpitations and felt dizzy for no reason, whether sitting or moving or whatever. It about about 20 times a day. After a week of this, I went to Emergency all scared. They did mega-tests and wanted me to get a Holter monitor, too. I skipped that after all because the fluttering settled down a bit in the following days. It came back, though, perhaps due to stresses in life.

FWIW, I note that 1/ I have always had an arrhythmia, 2/ I do not handle stress that well, 3/ Although I said palpitations/fluttering above, I would really describe it as a pressure drop, like what happens when you get up suddenly. I had the odd chest pains, but mainly this pressure drop. The docs focussed on the heart "pains" but actually, the dizzy pressure drop is more worrying, from the palpitations. I have no idea what is going on, and neither do the docs, as I have a good heart, basically.

I have to say that all my insides feel strange in so many different ways, even after 10 weeks now. My heart is in there too, so maybe it is just feeling the effects of abdominal surgery like anything else. It's all been affected, I would think.

This is Canada, so there's no immediate cost to me to sit in Emergency for five hours have 2 EKGs, an x-ray and piles of blood and urine tests. IE, the test were extremely thorough, I thought. OF course, sitting there on the bed doing nothing all that time, I didn't get as many palpitations and not as extreme as at home. That tells me that much of it is due to stress or anxiety. I felt very safe there.

Closed Thread