It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
CT scan for gallbladder pain

I have been having pain in my upper right abdomen and going into my right shoulder blade. I have also had nausea with this as well. I know these are classic symptoms of gallbladder disease. I went for an ultrasound and HIDA scan and they both came back normal. I told my doctor that I wanted to be referred to a surgeon to have it taken out. He said one last test, a CT scan of my gallbladder and lower lung. What exactly is the CT scan going to show that the other two tests did not show? I know that I can't eat or drink anything within 4 hours of the test but should I eat something greasy 4 hours before to make sure that the gallbladder attack will happen and something will show on the CT scan. I am just so frustrated and don't really like taking Lortab for the pain either. I just need some answers.

Brian

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #2
(female)

Sisty HB User
Re: CT scan for gallbladder pain

I am in the same boat exactl I had 2 CT scans all negative. I went to a sugeon who would not take my gallbladder out until I have a scope where they take a sample of bile to see if I have crystals! My second GI Dr does not want to see me anymore and has referred me to Mayo or the local university teaching hospital!! I am in pain every day for just over a year. Hang in there. Let me know if you get any resolution.
Sisty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
(male)

Gar2007 HB User
Re: CT scan for gallbladder pain

I had 2 ultrasounds, HIDA scan and a cat scan w/dye, which came out normal. My doc ordered a second cat scan with dye and that showed a gallstone. My doc referred me to a surgeon and they found my gallbladder to be inflamed and diseased when they took it out. This would explain my loss of appetite, nausea and right shoulder pain. You may not know if it is diseased until your gallbladder comes out.

I was sick for about 4 months, and my recovery after surgery is very slow, since I went so long without eating very much. I wish you the best of luck.

Closed Thread