It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
(female)

casscam HB User
16 year old daughter with signs of gallbladder anyonelse with this young of age story

Both my husband and both have our gallbladders out. Now our 16 year old is having all the same symptoms. She has the nausea,vomiting,headache,stomach hurting and is tired all the time. Has anyone know anyone at 16 to have gallbladder trouble.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:21 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: 16 year old daughter with signs of gallbladder anyonelse with this young of age s

Yes, I have known several under 20 who have had theirs out. Not rare at all. And with a family history, I'd get her tested ASAP. Looks like she may be having it out soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
(female)

casscam HB User
Re: 16 year old daughter with signs of gallbladder anyonelse with this young of age s

Thank you for the information on anyone who is that young and has trouble. All her bloodwork came back ok and they did a ultrasound thursday but I think the ultrasound is a waste of time. I think they should do a hida scan first. That's has been our experience before. If the ultrasound comes back ok then he is going to do the scan. I would like to rule this so if it isn't it we can start looking at other things. We are running out of things to look out.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
(female)

sapphire12112 HB User

My step-daughter had to have her gall bladder removed when she was only 15 or 16. That was almost 25 years ago... She will be 40 this year and has two children and a full time job.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:02 AM   #5
(male)

shaun08 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire12112 View Post
My step-daughter had to have her gall bladder removed when she was only 15 or 16. That was almost 25 years ago... She will be 40 this year and has two children and a full time job.
Hey Sapphire,

was just wondering how your ET was going? I am 24 and think I may have it. Going to review my bone marrow biopsy in a few hours. Are you on meds? Has the platelet reading gone up? Which med would you recommend from your experience and research?

Thanks!

Last edited by shaun08; 02-13-2008 at 10:03 AM.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #6
(female)

casscam HB User

My daughters ultra sound came back ok as I figured it would. She saw a surgeon on teusday and he wants to do a scope to look it in her stomach and that is on monday. They doing the hida scan on the 29th. I hope they figure something out she sick of being sick.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #7
(female)

rmv1983 HB User

I'm 24 years old and had my GB out in October of last year.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:09 AM   #8
(female)

casscam HB User

My daughter had her hida scan feb.29th and we won't know anything till monday. Once they put the injection in she got really nauseous, stomach hurting and the room seemed to be spinning. The next day she didn''t feel good but she feels like that most days anyway.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:55 AM   #9
(female)

xochar23 HB User

i have very similar symptoms to your daughter and I am the same age..
bloodwork and scopes have all come back normal. tomorrow i have an ultrasound tho..
also, my mother and her mother had their gallbladders removed..

Old 03-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #10
(female)

CJs Mom HB User

My daughter is 15 and is also having gall bladder problems, we did the ultrasound, which didn't show any stones, but when we did the hida scan, it shows that her gall bladder isn't functioning right, so we see a surgeon on march 11 and go from there. I'm like you were, I was surprised in this happening to someone so young. I've heard it's rare in someone so young, but that is does happen sometimes. Keep us updated.
CJ's Mom

Old 03-03-2008, 11:02 AM   #11
(female)

casscam HB User

Well my daughter went to the doctor and he said that the hida scan was normal but she showed symptoms of gallbladder trouble when the die was injected. They didn't give a percentage of function but they are senidng her back to the surgeon. I guess we will see what he says, but she stays so sick and has missed so much school. Something has to be done.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:52 AM   #12
(female)

casscam HB User

My husband called the doctor to see what fraction her gallbladder was working and the number was 59.8. She is still so sick so we asked to see a different surgeon because the other surgeon doesn't have a personality and didn't want to hear anything anybody had to say. I know that is above normal but she has all the signs. Has anybody had their gallbladder out with that kind of percentage?

Old 03-04-2008, 01:16 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User

maybe it is not the gallbladder
maybe it is something else
the liver,and appendix is on the right side also

Old 03-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #14
(female)

casscam HB User
Smile Re: 16 year old daughter with signs of gallbladder anyonelse with this young of age s

The surgeon is going to take my daughter's gallbladder out on Monday so I hope everything gets better. It's bad when a 16 year old is looking forward to surgery.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:27 PM   #15
(female)

LORILOVE HB User

Best of luck - she will be fine.

Keep us posted on her progress

Lori

Closed Thread