It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
(male)

Adolph86 HB User
Gall Bladder sludge....any ways to cure it?

I have been diagnosed with gall bladder sludge recently after a visit with my physician. I had to have an ultra sound to see my organs to see if there were any stones thats causing me severe pain. I didnt expect to find out my gall bladder has a sludge. I was wondering if any of you know how to cure it before my surgery. Im currently awaiting my appt date for an ultra sound and gall bladder removal. any suggestions?

Old 03-13-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Gall Bladder sludge....any ways to cure it?

If you've decided to have the gallbladder removed, why are you interested in removing the sludge? It will go away with the gallbladder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
(male)

Ryanz HB User
Re: Gall Bladder sludge....any ways to cure it?

That is what I was diagnosed with eventually, and my surgeon gave me two options. One was to have my gall bladder removed. The other was to continue taking actigall (prescription to help with stones/sludge/etc) and stay on a strict diet with little to no fatty foods. Well I opted for choice number 2 because I wasn't ready to lose any part of me just yet. The diet and pills seemed to work decently for awhile. So, I decided after a little while of pain free living (for the most part, very few mild attacks), I could resume eating normally. Within 2 weeks after going back to eating normal, I ended up in the ER twice. That answered my question as to whether I should have it removed or not. I didn't want to go through that again. I didn't want to stay on a diet for the next 5 years either.

Last edited by Ryanz; 03-14-2008 at 11:22 PM.

Closed Thread