It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2008, 03:09 AM   #1
(female)

kim333 HB User
After gallbladder surgery

Well it is now 4 days post op for me, i dont have any real pain around the incisions apart from being a little stiff, to be expected i guess! But i have a HUGE bruise around the cut under my belly button that is really sore to touch and when i walk.. is this normal? I havent had any of the pain under my ribs on the right hand side like i did before the surgery (YET! Im probably jinxing myself now) but to touch, it is very tender.. this might be a stupid question im really not sure but is that normal.. i mean i know they were moving and cutting things in there but is it normal to be tender to touch from the outside at this stage.. it is just worrying me a bit that it hasnt fixed anything.. would really love some advice.
One more question which im very sorry if its TMI! prior to my surgery i was very constipated.. a bowel movement every 3 days or so that was really hard and caused hemorroids frequently. 3 days post op i had my first bowel movement.. still reasonably hard, and 2 more after that were normal.. Then i had really bad diarrhea with tummy cramping , the lot.. and it was kind of yellow. Then today i had a bowel movement that was very normal other than the fact it also was yellow (brightish).. is this normal after gallbladder surgery, i really am worried.. surgeons dont really prepare u for this kind of thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2008, 06:13 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: After gallbladder surgery

Yes, it is VERY normal to be bruised and sore at this point. My soreness from internal bruises lasted a couple of weeks or more. As to your bowel issues, have you ingested any fat? If so, that's the cause. You should be on a fat free diet for about a month. Then slowly introduce fat back into your diet. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
(male)

mesocosm HB User

kim333,

New guy here... first post. I had my gallbladder out this past wednesday (4 days ago) and I have the same type of big ugly nasty bruise just below my belly button. it is turning all sorts of colors -- brown, yellow, purple etc. The incision is still quite tender to the touch also. It have dull aches all around my lower abdomin, I guess resulting from the tenderness of the incision in my navel.

My upper abdomen feels most fine now (where the gb used to be), just an occasional spasm or dull ache. No more of the acute attacks.

They pulled a single gallstone out of me that was > 1 cm in diameter ! I only had one in there.

Are things still going well for you otherwise?

-mesocosm

Last edited by mesocosm; 03-30-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Hit button too soon.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:48 AM   #4
(female)

kim333 HB User

Hi mesocosm, things are feeling much better now, thanks for asking! Most of the aches and pains are gone.. im so relieved, thought the recovery from keyhole would have been much easier than it was. But im hoping that im at the end of it all now One thing i have noticed though is that next to my bottom incision there is an area about 1cm in diameter that is kind of numb? I dont know how long it has been that way for, i noticed it a few days ago.. could it just be that they have damaged a nerve while they were doing the surgery? Any advice from anyone who has had the op would be great

Good luck with your recovery mesocosm, that is great news that the attacks have all cleared up!

Closed Thread