It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
(female)

avalonrose HB User
Aside from attacks, does anyone ever have intermittent pain/twinges in gallbladder?

I had what I think was a gallbladder attack a few weeks ago. I was eating dinner and began having right sided chest and side pain which radiated to my right shoulder blade. It lasted about 30 minutes and was excruciating. Ever since then I've had intermittent, milder right-sided pain plus gas pains, lots of burping and a tender feeling on my right side. I don't think it's reflux, as I don't have that burning feeling in my throat. Does this sound like gallbladder to you and does anyone have milder pain associated with their gallbladder in between attacks? What do they feel like for you? I have a gallbladder ultrasound next week.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
(female)

ct gl HB User
Re: Aside from attacks, does anyone ever have intermittent pain/twinges in gallbladde

Good thing you're getting the ultrasound. You should also make sure they draw blood and check your liver function and wbc.

I had a lap chole 2 months ago, and based on what you write, it sounds very gallbladderish.

My attacks were so excruciating, I passed out, would break out into hives and swell up. When I didn't have attacks, there were times I had a dull throbbing ache. And I constantly burbed. And I used to feel my stomach rumbling as if I were hungry (but it wasn't hunger).

Anyhow, good luck w/ it all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
(female)

avalonrose HB User
Re: Aside from attacks, does anyone ever have intermittent pain/twinges in gallbladde

Thanks for the reply. I've had all that you mention as well, including the stomach rumbling. Did you also feel hunger-type pangs even though you shouldn't be that hungry?

Old 04-22-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
(female)

ct gl HB User

Yup, I had those "hunger" pangs. But it wasn't that I was hungry. Not fun stuff

Old 04-23-2008, 08:30 AM   #5
(female)

sciencelady HB User

Hi everyone-I have suspected gall bladder problems. I don't have stones, but do have 2 polyps. My HIDA scans are 32% and 50%(there was a problem with the administration of this one, so it may not be accurate). My main symptom is chronic nausea(worse in morning), but right behind that is indigestion, lots of burping, occasional "tight band" and burning feeling along bra line, and occasional pressure and quick sharp, shooting pains in RUQ. My stomach also rumbles quite a bit. Bowel habits have changed-are much looser now. I'm also quite tired. I have an appt. with a surgeon in a couple of weeks.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

avalonrose,
I have the same symptoms as you and I am also scheduled for an ultrasound of the gall bladder on May 5th. My doctor told me that that was very typical gall bladder symptoms.

ct gal,
I have had the liver tests done a few times and they seem to be coming back okay, but my wbc was very high the last time it was checked. Does that mean something additional?

thanks,
mmee

Old 05-05-2008, 07:57 AM   #7
(female)

Jlynn444 HB User

I too have shooting pains and aches in the gallbladder area. I had an ultra sound hida scan which showed everything was normal except for I have gallbladder reflux (along with very bad regular reflux). The tests were about 9 months ago. The pains seemed to be getting better, and now they kept me up last night. Also bad hearburn (have been on Nexium for years), terrible hunger pangs in the morning (nauseating)...like I better run and get a drink of water or eat or I will yack. Also, I've never had bowel troubles in my life...now I have constant gas/pain, very loose stools, along with intermittent constipation. My reflux is totally acting up also...on Nexium and the other night I had to drink 1/2 bottle of Maalox before the hearburn would stop. This sucks!

Anyway,my question is, does anyone know if you can have gallbladder pain without anything really being wrong with it?

Old 05-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #8
(female)

Sadlyn HB User

Hello all -

I am also set up for a CAT scan on wednesday because of upper right abdomenal pains. Its a extremely hard pinching feeling, or hard twisting feeling that actually stops me in my tracks until the pain subsides. (I actually thought it was my ovaries, because I am peri-mental) but the gyn said above the belt pain is gastrointestinal.

I feel a dull ache and slightly bloated under my right breast, and the last week or so, slightly nauseous at times, and also severe hunger pains. I have just been diagnosed with High Cholestorel and just started Lipitor 10 mg.

Anyway, does this sound liek gall bladder issues to any of you? What questions should I ask after my cat scan, or before?

Thanks to all who are interested.

As of 5/2/08
TC 239
Trig 163
HDL 46
LDL 164

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix

Old 05-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #9
(female)

Sanchez1 HB User

I too have a burning sensation under my right breast, along the bra line. Sometimes there is pain into the back; not always. I also don't find that any certain thing brings it on, but my reflux has been acting up a lot.

Is the burning pain located too far up to be gallbladder?

I also have an UTI, but this wouldn't be related, would it?

Last edited by Sanchez1; 05-07-2008 at 02:05 PM.

Closed Thread