It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
(male)

NLight95 HB User
Gall bladder disorder?

Yesterday my brother sent me a message regrading what he thinks might be a liver disorder of some kind. I wanted to post here to see if any of you could provide some insight. What does this sound like to you? Thanks!

"Have any of you had problems with your gall bladder? I have pain and numbness in my upper abdomen on the right side just behind the ribs. I have had this pain for almost two weeks, it being more severe at various times than others. I did some research and it seems it is something with the gall bladder. People with immune system disorders like colitis (I have running problems with my digestive system) tend to have more problems with gall bladder disorders. For this reason, I think my immune system is in hyperactive mode and is erroneously over-reacting/attacking my gall bladder, causing inflammation. So, I have been thinking it is gall bladder inflammation. However, this evening for the first time I also developed a rash about 5 cm in diameter on my rib cage just outside from where the abdomen pain is. This symptom does not appear on the list for gall bladder problems on trusted medical websites. So, now I am wondering. Also, another link is family history. People with a family history of gall bladder problems tend to be at greater risk. I am not sure if gall bladder problems are in our blood or not. Any of you guys know? It could also be gall bladder stones, although I am not sure about this either. Finally, it could also be liver problems or lung tumors/masses. Any thoughts from you guys would be greatly appreciated. I was hoping this would not wind me up at the doctors office, but with the rash it is looking inevitable. By the way, I do not think I have jaundice, although maybe I do and do not know it."

Last edited by NLight95; 04-29-2008 at 10:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
(male)

bigdog55 HB User
Re: Gall bladder disorder?

I had similiar symptons without the rash and had pancreatitis which was caused by gallstones. I had my gall bladder removed 3 weeks ago. You should see a doctor and have some blood tests. They will tell if you have pancreatitis.

Good luck.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:20 AM   #3
(male)

NLight95 HB User
Re: Gall bladder disorder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog55 View Post
I had similiar symptons without the rash and had pancreatitis which was caused by gallstones. I had my gall bladder removed 3 weeks ago. You should see a doctor and have some blood tests. They will tell if you have pancreatitis.

Good luck.
Thanks for the info. I'll pass it along to my brother. I know he'll find it of help.

Closed Thread