It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2008, 07:17 PM   #1
(female)

wmjsease HB User
can cabbage and lettuce make you have gallbladder attacks?

I ate cabbage the other night, and within a few minutes, I hard really really sharp pains in my right side where my gallbladder is. It subsided within a few minutes. Then tonight, I ate an Asian salad from McDonalds with the asian type dressing with it. I wasn't but five minutes into eating my salad when all of a sudden I got so nauseated, and my stomach started to hurt sooooo bad. Then my head started hurting also, and I got really weak. I had to lie down for about 30 minutes before the pain subsided. I also got really chilled. After a while I felt a lot better. Could this be gallbladder related. I know that doctor told me one time, that cabbage can trigger gallbladder pain. I'm 37, and am a lot overweight, but have been trying to be a little more active and lose some weight. I'm also female. I worry about my heart, because my cholesterol is high, but am on cholesterol and blood pressure meds, fish oil, and garlic for that. So I'm not sure.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: can cabbage and lettuce make you have gallbladder attacks?

As you may know the gallbladder puts out bile to help digest greasy type foods. I have not heard that cabbage and lettuce affects the gallbladder but both are not easy to digest.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2008, 11:19 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

It was most likely the salad dressing.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
(female)

Shal75 HB User

I also had my gallbladder removed and I have read that many vegatables can cause pain after eating. Cabbage and other fiborus vegtables need extra bile to digest so you will experience some cramping after eating .

Take a look at this site to see the foods you might want to avoid or eat in small portions .

(Web site address Removed)

Posting web sites on healthboards is not allowed.
Please read the Posting Policy.
moderator4

Last edited by moderator4; 08-06-2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Posting web site

Closed Thread