It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2008, 04:36 AM   #1
(female)

Ambular HB User
Exclamation Gallbladder and Ovarian cyst, please help!

Heres my story:

on 9/27 i became very ill (pain on my right side, stomach pain and nausea) i thought maybe i had a case of food poisoning so i for the next week i kept taking peto-bismal and i didnt get any better. I went to the doctors and he said those three things could mean lots of things he thought i *may* of had a stomach virus..... so he gave me some pills for nausea and told me if i didnt feel better after a few days to come back.... well a few days when by and i still didnt feel any better, i went back to the doctors and they sent me to a gastroenterologist so i met with him and he at *first* thought i had acid reflex..... no mind you i've NEVER had heart burn or anything of that nature ( not to mention i hardly ate spicy or fatty food, ive been on the weight watchers program since 1/1/07) so he gave me some more nausea pills and some prevacid. i took them for about a week and i still was nausea alot,and it got worse when i eat. So over the course of the month of October i had 2 blood panels done, a ct scan, a sonagram and a hi-da-scan done.....

Diagnosis:
The test showed i had a HUGE (large grape fruit sized) ovarian cyst and my gallbladder was was only working at about 31-35% according to one of the test.....

Treatment:
To remove the cyst and gallbladder in one shot, i had surgery on Nov 19th ( oh most three weeks ago)

Since its been on most 3 weeks i still find my self feeling sick, i still have been following my weight watchers ( low fat/ low calorie) diet. but i am still having mild right side pain AND nausea, the doctor said it was normal but i am still scared and worried....

ive gotten so bad that even a trip to the store or mall makes me feel really over whelmed and scared.Im scared ill get sick and cant find a bathroom, im scared there wont be things for me to eat with out being sick.

im just so drained, the doctor said this is all normal but when will it end? Im not sure how much more i can take of this.

im going to try to read others storys i seen posted on this site today i just wanted to post this before work and get people options

thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
(female)

Texas Tomato HB User
Re: Gallbladder and Ovarian cyst, please help!

Well, it's only been three weeks since you had MAJOR surgery, so I think you need to give yourself more time to recover and try to take it easy on yourself. Ask for help from your family and friends so you don't have to go to the store and mall just yet. Try to keep things low key during the holidays. I know, easier said than done, but you need lots of rest and at-home time right now.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:17 AM   #3
(female)

Ambular HB User
Thumbs up Re: Gallbladder and Ovarian cyst, please help!

I just feel so discouraged, my friend had his out 5 days before me and he is fine.

I know i cant compare my self to others but i just want to make sure its normal what i am feeling.... i did have two things removed, but i cant "function" with out my nausea pills it seems.....

Old 12-09-2008, 05:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User
Re: Gallbladder and Ovarian cyst, please help!

Ambular,

What is your calorie intake on the weightwatcher's diet ? Have you mentioned to your surgeon that you are on this diet ? You should not be on a weight loss diet after surgery but more of a healthy maintenance type diet as your body will need energy in order to recover. What types of foods are you trying to eat ? Do you have any GI issues in addition to the nausea .. like constipation or diarrhea and are your bowel movements normal (ie. as regular as they were before all of this started) ?

If you are eating properly (light smaller meals spread out throughout the day) and you are still experiencing problems, then I think you need to insist that your doctor take you seriously. In three weeks you should at least be getting better and not worse. Forget about loosing weight for the time being and simply eat a healthy diet. Don't worry about fat in general, worry about the type of fat that you are eating. Omega 3 fat is an anti-inflammatory which will help with the healing process and you can find this in fatty fish like salmon and nuts like walnuts. Try to reduce your glycemic load by eating less carbohydrates (less not none at all) and more protein (pork, chicken, fish, legumes such as lentils and beans etc..) plus veggies (lightly cook them so that you can digest them more easily). This will reduce the stress on your body while it is recovering. Reduce any stress that you are going through (including the worrying) by delegating tasks and by taking your mind off of the situation once in a while with a good book, a nice hot bath or a DVD. If after all of this you STILL are having problems, you need to see either your doctor or if he won't listen, see another one.

You may either be suffering with the same problem as before (ie. perhaps the cyst and the gall bladder were not causing your symptoms .. unlikely but possible) or perhaps the symptoms have something to do with the surgery you just had. Keep in mind that you could also simply be taking a long time to recover from this. Either way, your doctor should be taking you seriously and at least run a few tests to ensure that all is well.

That's my two cents worth. I sincerely hope that you are feeling better very soon. Hang in there and all the best.

Estria

Closed Thread