It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
(female)

LindaSueBob HB User
Surgery for Hiatal Hernia Gallbladder Acid Reflux Hida Scan more tests for

I have had severe heartburn and acid reflux for ten years. I have been given 6-8 different prescriptions for them, nothing works but I take something every morning to party control it. If I forget my pill I know by ten am that I forgot it, it gets that bad. I just had an xray for pnemonia and the Dr says wow you have a hiatal hernia. Wow, you think that is why I have heartburn? I bet it is. Strange thing is the surgeon she sent me to wants me to have a hida scan, esophagogastrodueodenoscopy (spelling), another PH test where I have a tube down my nose for 24 hours and another test with tubes down my nose for something else. Hello, they know I have a hiatal hernia, they know I have heartburn for ten years, why the other tests?? So I go for the Hida scan last Wednesday, it went well but at the end everyone kept asking me how is the pain, how is the nausea about five times. There was no pain and no nausea. So now I think should there have been pain and nausea, is it strange because I had none, Not a single symptom except I had to pee really bad after it. Oh well, Had the duodenoscopy years ago but not looking forward to the gagging from the 24 hour tube down my nose. I think I will end up pulling it out at the Dr office as I can't stand that kind of thing. Ugh. Anyone else have hernia and gallbladder problems at the same time. I did not know gallbladder can cause heartburn? Today January 14th I got results of the hida scan, 19% yikes. So he says that has to come out for sure, now he thinks maybe I don't need the hernia fixed, that gallbladdder coming out may fix my heartburn. I have to have a bunch of other tests, swallowing some pill that tracks heartburn, and others. Thanks, Linda

Last edited by LindaSueBob; 01-14-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: recent test results received

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Re: Surgery for Hiatal Hernia Gallbladder Acid Reflux Hida Scan more tests for

I think they want to make sure the symptoms you are experiencing are from the hernia and not something hiding behind it.I had alot of pain and they put me thru just about every test there was and sometimes twice.Doctors dont like to miss something and then get sued.The only 2 tests i didnt have were the motility tests.Which in my humble opinion they should have done before they cut me loose.Take care.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
(male)

SSSAMMM HB User
Re: Surgery for Hiatal Hernia Gallbladder Acid Reflux Hida Scan more tests for

Ive got a severe Hiatal hernia, heartburn murders me, also my 1.5 inch gallstone caused me to have the gallbladder removed, best thing for the heartburn is Lansoprazole, 15mg twice a day clears it completely........also losing a bit of weight fixes the hernia, ive just lost 1.5 stone and the heartburn stopped

regards
sam

Closed Thread