It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2009, 05:52 PM   #1
(female)

puggygirl HB User
Gallbladder removal Stomach Pain

I had my Gallbladder removed in September 2008 - I was fine 4 weeks after the surgery - I was never given a diet to follow but I still stick with the bland diet eating fruit and some vegetables, fish and lean meat. I don't eat lettuce, dairy products, fried foods or processed foods. I try to exercise everyday by walking 30 minutes a day. Since that surgery I have gotten every virus and sickness - I guess because my immune system is low from the surgery I had in September. I had walking pneumia in November and was put on Avelox which messed up my stomach. Anyway, I noticed that one day I had a veggie pizza with tomatoes and that was my first stomach attack - I get nausea, tightness in my stomach - it feels like someone is putting a belt around my waist and tightening it. I burp like crazy and my stomach hurts so I take some Milanta for the acid and it helps a little. I don't feel like eating at all. So I eat toast all day and water. After that incident 3 weeks pass and then I get sick in the morning again gas, burping and it stops you in your tracks with the nausea - sometimes it will last all day and sometimes it will stop after noon time. I don't have diarreahea but I will go to the bathroom 2-3 times a day. My stomach is sore to the touch after these episodes of feeling nausea. Like I can't bend over because of the soreness.

I am having anxiety over this whole thing because I cannot live this way for the rest of my life. Both my parents have acid reflux disease and so do my brothers. So I am thinking I have that and with my gallbladder being removed made it worse.

I am so afraid I will have to go to the hospital and they will find something wrong with my liver or kidneys because of the gallbladder removal. That is what I fear. This has to be a gas problem but I don't know why it is happening two days straight. My daughter had a virus on Friday and that is when my stomach acted up but I was ok on Saturday and then today Sunday it came back - I also started my period so I don't know if all that has to do with my stomach problem.

I can go for many weeks feeling good and then boom! I get acid problems in the stomach (I hope that it is not more than that) with nausea.

Does anyone have this problem with their stomach after gallbladder was removed? Help someone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2009, 05:36 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Gallbladder removal Stomach Pain

There is no way that gallbladder removal can negatively impact your liver or your kidneys. You probably have acid reflux or soemthing similar. Try an OTC med. Then go see your doctor. It's probably something simple.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:02 AM   #3
(female)

scarolinagirl HB User

I developed pancreatitis after gallbladder removal. This was due to the procedure I had the day after to remove a stone that had blocked my bile duct. The pancreatitis lasted for about two weeks before my counts went down to normal.

If you are still having pain, call your Dr. Perhaps he/she can run some test to find out what is going on.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
(female)

puggygirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarolinagirl View Post
I developed pancreatitis after gallbladder removal. This was due to the procedure I had the day after to remove a stone that had blocked my bile duct. The pancreatitis lasted for about two weeks before my counts went down to normal.

If you are still having pain, call your Dr. Perhaps he/she can run some test to find out what is going on.

I went to the doctor this morning and she told me to get Zantec for the gas. Then she told me to eat 6 smalls meals a day and do not over eat. I told her everything I was going through and tightness around my waist and nausea. She listened to my stomach and heard my stomach rumbling like crazy and told me it might be a virus since my kids were sick. When you get sick with no gallbladder your stomach produces alot of acids. So I will try the zantec.

What are the symptoms of pancreatitus?

Old 04-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

Can you get rid of pancriteatis if you are diagnosed with it?

Closed Thread