It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nscrbug HB User
Can a gallbladder attack feel like a heart attack?

I had a really scary moment this morning, while at the gym. I had just finished running 3 miles on the treadmill (I'm in decent shape, btw). I then hopped on a stationary bike to do a bit more cardio, when suddenly I became quite nauseated and felt a sharp pain in my chest/sternum area. I've had this type of pain a few times before. Each time, the episodes would last between 5-10 minutes...and eventually it would pass and I would feel fine again. Only this time, I felt something else too...I had a weird sensation on the right side of my lower jaw...NEVER felt that before! It kinda freaked me out, because I've always thought that jaw pain was an indication of a heart attack. It almost felt like my jaw had "locked up"...very unusual. This episode lasted about 6 minutes or so...at which point, the chest pain subsided and was more of a "burning" sensation (like indigestion I guess). The odd thing is, I didn't eat anything out of the norm (piece of whole wheat toast & yogurt) and this all started at least 2 hours after I had eaten. Eventually, it all passed and I felt fine for the rest of the morning...and still feeling fine now. But it really spooked me at the time it was happening. I literally felt like I was having a heart attack! The nausea alone was almost enough to make me just want to leave the gym and go home...but I didn't want to alarm anybody (I'm a fixture at the gym everyday, and it would be completely unlike me to leave that early). Is it possible that this could have been a gallbladder issue? Especially since I have been dealing with some digestive issues (lots of IBS symptoms) lately? I'd hate to run back to my doctor again (was just there for my digestive problems a week ago)...because I'm sure he'll tell me it was only a panic attack or anxiety and want to prescribe an anti-depressant...which I obviously DO NOT want! Any ideas? Should I be concerned about this?

Last edited by nscrbug; 03-06-2009 at 12:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Can a gallbladder attack feel like a heart attack?

Doesn't sound like gallbladder though I suppose it could be. What you had to eat would not trigger an attack because there was no fat in it. GB attacks are usually after eating something fatty. And the jaw pain doesn't relate either. I'd see your doc.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
(female)

Chantal231 HB User
Re: Can a gallbladder attack feel like a heart attack?

Please, please see your Dr. This does not sound digestive related.

Chantal

Closed Thread