It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User
Hives from either stomach or liver or lack of gall bladder

Hi all! I have been suffering with hives for many years and as heard as the doctors try, they can only guess what they're from because I have assorted issues with my health. I would like to ask if anyone has gotten hives from an acidy stomach, acid reflux, or lack of a gall bladder causing overwork for the liver. Are any of these things possible? I do know that histamine plays a big part in a person's stomach and it seems that prior to getting my gall bladder out in Aug. of 2007, all I ever got was the hives and upset stomach. Here it is March 2009 and I started again with the hives and upset stomach. I have had all of the allergy tests that there are and will be going for the food sensitivity test next week. I would really love to speak with anyone who has had a similar experience so that I won't feel like I'm losing it!! Thanks so much & God bless--Hopeto--

The Following User Says Thank You to hopetofeelwell1 For This Useful Post:
ivory103 (03-24-2012)
Old 04-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
(female)

bubs HB User
Re: Hives from either stomach or liver or lack of gall bladder

I, too, experience severe stomach pain, and then hives......I don't have a clue what causes this, but it happens about every 3 months. I would LOVE to know why.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
(female)

nancymosemen HB User

This is interesting to me because I just had my gall bladder out last Friday and I have hives on my stomach. My surgeon took one look at them and said "Well, I don't know what to tell you.. those have nothing to do with my work"

Nice, huh?

Old 04-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancymosemen View Post
This is interesting to me because I just had my gall bladder out last Friday and I have hives on my stomach. My surgeon took one look at them and said "Well, I don't know what to tell you.. those have nothing to do with my work"

Nice, huh?
Yours very well could be from the pain meds you took...or depending on the location, from the bandages....

Old 04-16-2009, 01:27 AM   #5
(male)

bleedpurple HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubs View Post
I, too, experience severe stomach pain, and then hives......I don't have a clue what causes this, but it happens about every 3 months. I would LOVE to know why.
I experience the SAME exact thing. I suddenly get severe pain in my right abdomen area - where the gall bladder is located - followed by hives that appear on my stomach, back, and throat. First time it happened I was in so much pain I went into the ER and they said it was Hepatitis B which later came back as negative...ultimately only running up my hospital bill.

I have noticed a couple of things: (1) It seems to happen after I eat, smell, or am around chocolate. (2) The last time it happened, I had a pretty full stomach and was seated in a way that my stomach was crunched together and man - the pain suddenly hit hard, it was horrible.

I would LOVE to know if anybody has advice, or similar experiences and when it seems to occur to them. I just know that the one symptom that always occurs is the hives after the pain, which to me, is somewhat of a distinctive symptom when trying to figure out what the heck happens to me.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #6
(male)

hivesman HB User

I have body hives for 5 years now. I have some minor symptoms of GERD/acid reflux. Last year I had a through wall stomach ulcer requiring immediate surgery. In that surgery it was discovered a problem with nearby liver, ended up with a block resection of stomach and liver. Liver was dead in that region. My gall bladder was left in during the surgery. I still get the hives but I am alive. Hives have many possible causes but improper liver function is often one of them.

Since the surgery my stomach pain which occasionally accompanied eating has gone away but the hives have not.

Closed Thread