It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
(male)

proton8d HB User
Healing a Gallbladder? 3 Minor Gallbladder attacks so far....

In the past 2-ish months (maybe a little less), I've had 3 gallbladder attacks, one of which I'm still getting over b/c it happened a few days ago. During the couple days the attacks last, I get really sore around my right shoulder blade. I have some minor twinges of pain/aches after eating some meals between where my belly button is and my right rib cage. I pretty much feel bloated/tight directly under my right/front rib cage all day (more or less). I also have some very minor nausea/dizziness and I get occasional gurgling in that area, especially when I go to bed. I'm pretty sure this last one was caused by eating a very greasy fried meal from a restaurant, but it could have been caused by some stress to that area due to something stupid I did while doing yardwork.

My question is this....I've been to a doctor for the first two, got a ultrasound of the abdomen, which showed no gallstones (but did show a third kidney stone that I have since passed). I got a prescription for donnatol (spelling might be off), but it will only treat the symptoms. Is there anything I can do to help heal my GB? Like should I avoid fatty foods or eat some fatty foods to make the gallbladder force out any "sludge" and stay active? Are there any good remedies or teas or stuff like that? Should I work out or take it easy? The doctor didn't want to give me actigall b/c she said it wouldn't really help me get rid of sludge, just stones and said it was very expensive too.

I really don't want to have a gallbladder removed and the pain isn't really bad, it just keeps me feeling crummy and obviously makes me really worried that something major might happen.

Last edited by proton8d; 05-25-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Looly HB UserLooly HB User
Re: Healing a Gallbladder? 3 Minor Gallbladder attacks so far....

I would suggest a very very low fat diet- What helped me also, if you like them, is to eat beets and cucumbers. I just had my gb removed and prior to that for the weeks before, in order not to have excess pain, I went to a local juice store and had them juice beets, cucumbers, apple and carrots together. I feel this drink saved me from a lot of pain. I also ate very lightly - and had grilled chicken, sweet potato, string beans, egg whites (ONLY), herbal teas, no soda or decaf coffee. Maybe it's worth a shot.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
(male)

Chum HB User

Looly is correct. The ABC's to heal the gallbladder are apples, beets and cucumbers. Pear nectar and radishes are also very good as is oil of peppermint. Since you only have sludge you want to keep the bile thin and over time hopefully the sludge will work its way out. I had one attack a year ago and no more since watching my diet. The only oil I eat is olive oil and you should use small amounts of it daily to keep the bile from becoming stagnant. The juicers you see on tv make delicious drinks to cleanse your digestive system.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Yes, the odd thing about gallbladder problems is that a low fat diet is just about as bad as a high fat one. No one could believe I had gallstones as I eat a very healthly diet...only not a lot of fat. So, the bile had no where to go....oh well...

Old 05-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #5
(male)

Collector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB User

Well I'm going to disagree with your Dr., my experience has been that medicine to dissolve stones also works on sludge. Why wouldn't it? I have been on Ursodiol, very similar to actigall along with 3000mg of fish oil per day per my GI doc and have had great results. Yes it is expensive.

If looking for alternative medicine approaches, you can use a search engine and search for "gallbladder disease hoffman." As we're not supposed to link to outside sites here.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:05 AM   #6
(male)

proton8d HB User

Thanks for all the info! I'll be checking into those suggestions asap!

Old 05-30-2009, 11:08 AM   #7
(male)

proton8d HB User

Well, I went to the local Health store and they ended up selling me this:
http:// * link to commercial website removed by hb-mod, moderator *

Anyone have any experience with it or comments on it?

Sorry about that. The stuff is called "Gallbladder Formula" by Nature's Sunshine.

Last edited by proton8d; 06-03-2009 at 08:44 AM.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #8
(male)

proton8d HB User

Just wanted to give this a bump since the link I had posted (my bad) was removed and I have corrected the problem now by posting the name of the pill: Gallbladder Formula. Anyone ever had success with it?

Closed Thread