It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

dunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB User
Is gall bladder disease hereditary?

I have been experiencing constant nausea and right-side pain for about a month. Ultrasound is normal, yet from what I read it could be gall bladder. Anyway, my mom, sister & brother all had their gb's removed, so I wonder if it is hereditary. Thanks.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
(female)

jamierenae HB User
Re: Is gall bladder disease hereditary?

that's what I was told by my gastro doc! my mom had it out when she was 40 and I sure enough just had mine out 4 days ago am 44 :-(
But thank god i done it. I have been putting this off for 10 YEARS.... i feel sooo much better now.... it came to the point where i had chest pain over memorial day weekend so bad i felt a truck was on my chest....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
(female)

thanks!!! i have been having constant nausea, faitigue & pain so bad that i went to the er on monday, thinking it was a heart attack. i have had an ultrasound (normal), endoscopy (no results yet) and am scheduled for colonoscopy on tuesday. i hope something can be resolved, i want to feel better!

Old 06-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
(female)

jamierenae HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerkat58 View Post
thanks!!! i have been having constant nausea, faitigue & pain so bad that i went to the er on monday, thinking it was a heart attack. i have had an ultrasound (normal), endoscopy (no results yet) and am scheduled for colonoscopy on tuesday. i hope something can be resolved, i want to feel better!

did you have a HIDA Scan done yet of gallbladder thats usually a helpful tool.

Yup sounds like what i went thru for years but they saw big gallstones in mine. Colonoscopy? wow do you have pain in your upper right back too? my last episodes were so bad I felt like I had a heartattack! no matter what i ate i was in pain and was also constantly tired... I feel 150 % better after the surgery and trust me i was SOOOOOOOO scared like I said i had put this off for 10 yrs at least.... I wish i had done it years ago..... it was a piece of cake.... it's 4 days after my surgery and I am up and running around... actually a day after my surgery i already cleaned my house and stuff :-) but I take homeopathic stuff i took before surgery that reduces swelling and pain so I think that had a great part to do with my speedy recovery.... i wish you GOOD luck!!!!

Old 06-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Yes, it can run in families. Does in mine.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
(female)

jamie - no HIDA scan yet, (i learned about that on this board) i'm going to ask about that next week. i should have been more clear, the colonoscopy is because i'm 51 and want to get it done before hubby's insurance changes in october. i hope you are still doing well and getting better!

Closed Thread