It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
(male)

Arthurs123 HB User
GallBladder Surgery, No GallBladder

3 days ago I had gallbladder surgery to remove my gallbladder. However, it was not there
and I have never had surgery before.

Prior to this surgery I had a CT scan which showed no signs of a GB and a ultrasound
w/ same results. I did a HIDA scan and had no function of GB.

My dr. referred me to a surgeon, who requested that i have my gallbladder removed.
He told me it was likely filled w/ cholesterol and not working. I kept telling him are you
sure i have a gb and he said yes I've never operated on anyone that didn't have one.
So anyway i let him talk me into it (Mistake!)

Now after having this procedure done on me...I am in allot of pain trying to
recover from this surgery of my phantom gb. I had pre-existing digestion problems and now i'm
having a very painful time recovering from the holes they put on my stomach
and the Co2 that is still in my body from the abdominal insufflation.

Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this C02 ??? I can feel it moving around in my abdomen (when i lay down and get up) and it is causing me allot of pain.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: GallBladder Surgery, No GallBladder

Waking, walking, walking....it can take up to a week for it to dissipate...but it will!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
(male)

Arthurs123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Waking, walking, walking....it can take up to a week for it to dissipate...but it will!
Is this carbon dioxide they put in liquid or gas state?

I only weight 117lbs (currrently) and it feels like i got about 3 or 4 lbs of liquid in there sloshing about. If it is liquid.

Do the lungs dissipate the c02? if so i guess deep breathing would help...?

Old 10-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

No, it is not liquid. Most people feel it in the abdomen and shoulder areas. I didn't have that problem when I had mine out (yea for a good surgeon who managed to release it all!).
And at 3 days you'd still have some pain from the incisions but walking will help that as well. Don't just stay immobile...that will do more harm than good.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
(male)

Arthurs123 HB User

Yeah, i think this surgeon is a real dud. My incisions still hurt quite a bit and its been 73 hrs since my op. They got me on OXycodone and it wears off every about 4 or 5 hrs and my incisions are still quite painful. Especially the bellly button.

My belly button looks awful now....

it was pretty painful getting the bandage off ...they didnt shave that area worth a darn.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-04-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures - as per the posting policy

Old 10-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

After my gallbladder surgery, I was in quite a bit of pain for about 2 weeks. Was able to go back to work in 1 week, but it was pretty rough. About 4 weeks out I was feeling mostly back to normal. But just 3 days after surgery, I was still hurting quite a bit.

My bellybutton incision healed quite well, and is the only one that I can't see anymore. The other three scars are still visible.

As for the issues that you were having that prompted the removal of your gallbladder... I imagine they haven't been fixed by this unnecessary surgery. You might look into sphincter of oddi dysfunction, as this is sometimes an issue for people after they've had their gallbladders out, so maybe you're predisposed to it by not having one to begin with. Of course, I'm more likely to suggest this seeing as that's what I was just diagnosed with.

Closed Thread