It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
(female)

zukolivie HB User
Phantom gall bladder attacks?!

Hi there!

I had my gall bladder removed in March of 2007 after years and years of thinking it was simply a gas bubble. (I'm an idiot, I know).

Recently, I've been having similar (yet not as painful) belly issues. I'm not getting the shoulder blade pain, just a high abdomen rolling pain similar to an attack.

I do not suffer from acid reflex nor do I have diarreah. Taking a Phazyme works, but not for an hour or two.

Has anyone had this happen? And if so, how do you prevent it?

Thanks very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
(female)

sludgegirl HB User
Re: Phantom gall bladder attacks?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukolivie View Post
Hi there!

I had my gall bladder removed in March of 2007 after years and years of thinking it was simply a gas bubble. (I'm an idiot, I know).

Recently, I've been having similar (yet not as painful) belly issues. I'm not getting the shoulder blade pain, just a high abdomen rolling pain similar to an attack.

I do not suffer from acid reflex nor do I have diarreah. Taking a Phazyme works, but not for an hour or two.

Has anyone had this happen? And if so, how do you prevent it?

Thanks very much.
Have you been checked for an ulcer or hietal hernia? Symptoms are very similar -I've had both

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2009, 06:09 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I've had "phantom pain" but it's just a sort of mild burning, stab that only lasts for a few seconds...

Old 12-31-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

I had mine taken out september 2008 - I have that feeling if I eat too much so I have to cut all my food in half and stick to non fat food. My diet is so bland. I had a endoscopy done and they found non specific mild gastritis. I believe this is caused from the bile shooting into my stomach but I take Welchol to absorb the bile. I get belching, bloating, colicky, indigestion feeling, and I have the pain under the right rib. Sometimes it gets bad but I deal with it because I know going to the emergency room won't help - they will just think I am crazy. I notice one thing though my pains change from month to month - I am now going through the shoulder pain and gas pain stage that some people describe. I get the phantom pains which scare you sometimes. I once felt like a belt tightening around the waist - my whole stomach section was tight.

Closed Thread