It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
(female)

her70cuda HB User
Symptoms before gallbladder removal-while waiting

I'd like to hear the symptoms people had while they had to wait for gallbladder surgery and maybe how long. I'm scared of something going wrong while I wait. It's over a month still till surgery. I don't know how long this will hold out without it becoming an acute emergency. Most of the people I know haven't had to wait months to get something done.

I'm on a FF as possible diet and the very painful attacks have stopped for now but I still have fullness and nausea daily and am still losing weight because there isn't much I can eat. I'm getting very little protein. I have been having more of a dull ache in my stomach and I feel hungry most of the time. I feel shaky and my energy is getting pretty low. I don't have a fever at all and my color looks fine but I just feel like crap.

Please nothing too scary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
(female)

her70cuda HB User
Re: Symptoms before gallbladder removal-while waiting

Ok I went back to the clinic today and they ran some bloodwork and it shows elevated liver and pancreatic enzymes. I now have mild pancreatitis. Now I am scared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Liver would be consistent with the gb problems. I forget what all impacts pancreatitis but I know alcohol is one so no drinking till after your surgery.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
(female)

her70cuda HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Liver would be consistent with the gb problems. I forget what all impacts pancreatitis but I know alcohol is one so no drinking till after your surgery.
She (NP) wants me to go on a clear liquid diet for a few days and call her back to let her know how I am doing. My mom ended up in the hospital in fairly bad shape with pancreatitis from gb issue so it's scaring me.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:13 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

That sounds like a good plan. It should help. Pancreatitis is not always tied to gb problems and it generally is diet based...which gallstones are too. We tend to eat such bad diets here in the US it's no wonder all our "insides" are so messed up!

Old 12-31-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

Pancreatitis can also be linked to very high triglycerides. The doctor should perform an endoscopy. Maybe your bile ducts are clogged or your sphincter is closed. Also stay on an all liquid diet for a day or two like he said. That will give the pancreas a rest and the inflammation should go down.
Good luck and feel better. PS Gall bladder surgery is no big deal these days.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:58 AM   #7
(female)

her70cuda HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_in_NJ View Post
Pancreatitis can also be linked to very high triglycerides. The doctor should perform an endoscopy. Maybe your bile ducts are clogged or your sphincter is closed. Also stay on an all liquid diet for a day or two like he said. That will give the pancreas a rest and the inflammation should go down.
Good luck and feel better. PS Gall bladder surgery is no big deal these days.
My triglycerides are fine thankfully. When I went to the ER over a month ago with the severe pain from the gallstones they did labs and the pancreatic enzymes were slightly elevated. Now they are moreso and the liver enzymes as well. She said the gallbladder needs to come out. BUT... I'm still waiting to get that done because evidently every surgeon they are affiliated with is waay busy.

I just don't see how this is safe to just let this stuff go. I know pancreatitis can become fatal. I'm just getting depressed and worried.

Closed Thread