It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
(female)

kelley82 HB User
gallbladder

back pain, nausea, soft stool . Suppose to have gallbladder out bout yr ago, was in the O.R but decided not to have it done due to takin panic attack and hyper ventalatng. Doc says they should have given me somthing for this but said next time for sure . Iam not at the

Old 03-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
(male)

Collector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB User
Re: gallbladder

Back pain, pain under the ribs, shoulder pain, RUQ tenderness, nausea, diarrhea, pale colored stools are common gallbladder symptoms.

I also had elevated blood pressure an erratic pulse rate and had several panic attacks before my gallbladder was treated. I had never had panic attacks before I developed gallbladder problems and after treatment I have had no further attacks. It is possible the gallbladder could caused it.

I am a bit surprised that they didn't give you something and proceed with the surgery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
(female)

her70cuda HB User

I have panic and anxiety disorder. They can give you something to take the night before and then in the morning if need be. They will give you something to relax and you likely won't even remember anything a few seconds after that and it will be done.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #4
(female)

rose4me HB Userrose4me HB User

I agree with her70cuda - the nice little presurgery stuff - versad is the best for relaxing you and - Walla - you are in recovery - It is very quick. GB surgery is not so bad - I had mine out 1/7. You will have 4 very small incisions and a tender abdomen for a few days - but your surgeon should prescribe the appropriate pain meds for you for your recovery time.
Good luck
Rose

Last edited by rose4me; 03-07-2010 at 07:45 AM.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #5
(female)

primalseams HB User

Rose- how has your recovery been? Did you have stones or low functioning?

Old 03-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #6
(female)

rose4me HB Userrose4me HB User

Primalseams - my recovery has been a little rough at the beginning. I had acute pancreatitis and that is why the gall bladder (which was full of stones, inflamed, and had been repeatedly inflamed for some time - I learned) came out. I have learned to stay away from fats - they do a number on the digestive tract. I am glad the GB is gone though - even with the pains of recovery - I am not having those awful attacks anymore. Incidentally - upper right quadrant, wrap around pain was layered on top of a back injured in an auto accident. It was difficult until the very end for me to tell them apart - a back spasm on top of the GB stuff - I avoid things like caffeine, chocolate (true), dairy - except for yogurt, a lot of salad stuff right now - unless I want to spend the afternoon in the bathroom. I do get discouraged from time to time - adjusting to the new me is a lot about attitude and I have regained most of the strength that was lacking from the two week hospital stay. - Most uncomplicated GB surgeries I understand are either day surgery - go home after recovery and the surgeon says you can or an over night stay to stablize , then home. This side of it - I'd of paid better attention to myself and not been the die hard mom - sucking it up for the family - and had the surgery!
Rose

Closed Thread