It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
No gallbladder pain or Fatty Liver??

I am so baffled of this pain and I am worried. I had my gallbladder removed in 2008 because I had stones and I would get this pain in my upper right rib. At first I was ok but as the months went by I still felt the pain in my upper right rib plus I had horrible nausea indigestion feelings. I had every test imaginable. All they could find was mild gastritis which I knew that had to be caused by bile so I take welchol.

No doctor could help me and one suggested to see an experienced gastro doctor at John Hopkins for a ercp. After talking to my friends, some who had the procedure done all have told me "don't do it" - my friends husband went into a coma for several weeks. My other friends ended up with pancritus and then the procedure made her condition worse with more pain.

I feel so helpless. I will be in a store feeling really good and then all of the sudden I get like a muscle ache where my gallbladder used to be. It goes away when I sit down. Sometimes I get a nausea feeling with it and it is relieved by belching. So you don't know if it is gas or what?

You eat right, exercise, do yoga, I meditate to relieve the pain and I go to acupuncture. So I am spending all this money trying to do a holistic approach because I don't believe in pain killers. You get so disappointed when you get pain and it is like a set back.

Everyone says it sounds like spinchtor of the oddi dyfunction but I feel like why do I have to be that percentage that has a side effect from the gall bladder surgery.

All of this has caused my anxiety to come back. Whenever I have my menstrual cycle it causes my stomach to get upset. If I get a headache my stomach will get upset. So I have to plan my life around my stomach. I feel so depressed. Sometimes my stomach will wake me up in the middle of the night. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work - no over the counter medicine works nor does any of the prescription medicine work. So my gastro doctor pretty much has said I am stuck with the pain.

What gets me is it strikes whenever it feels like so you don't know what to expect next. I can eat the same non fat food everyday feel good but then all of the sudden it decides to give me pain one night. I kept food diaries but it doesn't matter.

I read fatty liver can cause the pain in upper right rib cage area. I did have a fatty liver and my liver enzymes were slightly up. I have lost weight and keep losing. Can fatty liver cause this pain and make your stomach upset??

I just hope and pray that I never get to the point where I have to visit the ER several times a year like I have read some people had to do. Please I hope this either stays the same or gets better through the years.

I hope it is not sphintor of the oddi dysfunction. Does anyone have any rememdies for this uncurable problem???

Last edited by gigi11; 03-18-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: added more

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread