It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
(male)

nausea HB User
Unhappy Getting sick every night at the same time & the same way; doc has no idea why. help?

I've experienced the same exact type of nausea for five nights in a row now...the symptoms are very specific so it makes me think there must be a specific cause...I just don't know what that cause might be, which is why i'm asking here.

Each night it's been:
-a few short episodes of nausea throughout the day that come and go but aren't too severe and don't last more than 10 minutes

-at night, usually around 11:30PM - 12:30AM, the nausea will come back and stay there this time and not go away. it will start out manageable but then get significantly worse until i'm forced to lay down since anything else makes me feel like im going to throw up

-the nausea is accompanied by a sporadic burning sensation in my throat...like bile is rising. this sounds like the type of thing you'd get after eating spicy foods, but i haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary at all. i only get this during the periods of nausea at night, never during the day or when i'm not nauseous.

-nothing helps treat it. dramamine, benadryl, emetrol, zantac, ginger slices, ginger ale, saltines and even the prescription medications phenergan and zofran...they might knock me out and put me to sleep, but i never notice a decrease in the nausea

-no other usual flu or cold-like symptoms come along with the nausea...no fever, no runny nose, no diarrhea, no headache, nothing. just the nausea and the occasional burning throat sensation.

-if i lay perfectly still in bed, i stop feeling it anymore. the nausea subsides and disappears. but the second i sit up or move around, it's back in full force.

-i've been experiencing what i believe is called "lucid dreaming"--i'll lay down and maybe be texting someone on my phone or something and suddenly i'm aware i'm not really there anymore and i'm dreaming about something immediately, then i'll sort of wake up again, phone still in hand, and realize 40 minutes have gone by when it seemed like i was just texting that person a second ago. this will go off and on several times until i finally fall asleep for real, which will also be full of very vivid, strange dreams. this is the first time this has happened to me.

So, do these symptoms sound like anything to anybody? I went to the hospital and they gave me an IV of stuff, did a bunch of tests, and 6 hours later told me that all the results were perfectly normal and they didnt know why i was experiencing any of these things. Maybe someone else out there knows more on this subject, though, and might be able to recognize what's going on. At least that's what i hope.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2010, 11:59 PM   #2
(male)

Archimedis HB User
Re: Getting sick every night at the same time & the same way; doc has no idea why. h

I am assuming that you have had your gallbladder checked with your bout of recent tests. Gallbladder attacks usually happen at night for some reason.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
(female)

twink8606 HB User
Unhappy Re: Getting sick every night at the same time & the same way; doc has no idea why. h

I know exactly how you feel but mine is worse then yours. I have been getting nauseous very afternoon and it last 1-2 hrs. But when it get about 7:30 pm i start getting really really nauseous and i feel like im going to throw up and i lay down and it doesnt go away The feeling that im going throw up just keeps getting worse and worse and then i get really bad pains in my stomach. I have went to a couple different doctors and different E.R.'s and they all tell me too that they cant find anything wrong!! so i went and had my gallbladder removed and they said that would fix my problem... keep in mind that there wasnt anything wrong with my gallbladder they just told me that it might be the problem.. im telling you that taking out your gallbladder didnt fix me at all it made me worse!!! The pains i get now are even worse then before they took my gallbladder out!! it feels like there is a rose bush being or something that has alot of sharp things on it being pulled through my stomach and my intestines i cry because it hurts so bad and i am doubled over because i cant stand up but the doctors keep telling me that there is nothing wrong with me... i am so sick of hearing that is nothing wrong with me!!! whats going on in my insides sure doesnt sound normal to me but if anyone has any answers or anything that might help please let me know!!!

Old 08-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #4
(female)

heidi80 HB User
Re: Getting sick every night at the same time & the same way; doc has no idea why. h

I had to have mine out too. There are biliary ducts besides the gallbladder. They may not have removed all the stones? Read online. Look for alternative therapies. I had a lot of diahhrea after the gall bladder removal. probiotics, I'm with you, I know what you are going through.

Last edited by moderator2; 08-10-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website

Closed Thread