It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
(female)

momof2rugrats HB Usermomof2rugrats HB User
Gallbladder?

Hi everyone. I have been going to the Dr. for about a year with different problems. I'm not sure if they are all connected or not? My main symptoms are fullness/pressure under my right rib, my back hurts & mainly in my shoulder blade area & my lower back, I run a low grade fever quite a bit, I have gas & gas pains. I have some slight acid reflux. I'm exhausted for the most part. My hips hurt. I also have some slight discomfort in my left side & guessing that it's my spleen. I don't have pain under my rib, i just feel fullness/pressure. I have went to a few Dr's that tell me I have IBS or I'm depressed. And they tell me to watch what I eat or push antidepressants at me.

I finally got insurance, so I found a new Dr. who ran all kinds of tests. Thought maybe I had arthritis. He said he was ruling things like lupus out as well, and other things. Did an ultrasound which showed a cyst on my ovary, which turned out to me normal & dissolved. But, my gallbladder had polyps and thickened wall & slightly enlarged. As well as my liver was slightly enlarged. After we figured out the cyst was a functioning cyst & dissolved. He wanted to explore the gallbladder. I went for another ultrasound on Tuesday & back later that day for a HIDA scan with CCK. He also set up an appointment for me to see a surgeon next Thursday. I'm wondering if I need to have patience & wait until Thursday when I see the surgeon?I wonder why the Dr. set an appt with a surgeon before knowing the results?

I no I'm worrying to much. I just can't imagine the way I am feeling is normal. But if these scans come back normal, I don't no where to go from here??
Thanks so much for any advice!

Last edited by momof2rugrats; 11-04-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
(male)

Collector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB User
Re: Gallbladder?

It sounds like you have the classic symptoms of a diseased gallbladder, running a temperature may even indicate low grade infection.

With the presence of polyps and thickened walls, the only real option once they confirm the efficiency of the gallbladder with a low HIDA scan score is surgical removal.

If you read through the previous threads here, most folks do fine after surgery, as Titchou will remind you-- you need to follow a fat free diet for awhile after surgery.

The Following User Says Thank You to Collector167 For This Useful Post:
momof2rugrats (11-05-2010)
Old 11-05-2010, 04:58 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Thanks for the shout out, Collector!

You should be on a fat free diet right now. It will help some with the symptoms beforehand as fat is what causes the gb to constrict and then cause t he pain. Even if the HIDA comes back within normal range, you'll probably need to have the gb out anyway so I assume that's why he made the surgeon's appointment. Keep us posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
momof2rugrats (11-05-2010)
Old 11-05-2010, 05:24 AM   #4
(female)

momof2rugrats HB Usermomof2rugrats HB User

Thanks to the both of you!I will definitely update.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
(female)

km585 HB User

I too was apprehensive about having it out, but I am so glad I did! You will feel sooo much better after you get it out. I suffered for over 2 years with the pain before I finally was told to have the surgery. It makes a world of difference.

Good luck to you!

Closed Thread