It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2011, 01:35 AM   #1
(female)

ljs HB User
Smile Home after surgery (all good so far)

My surgery was Tuesday afternoon at 4pm. I just got home this afternoon about 1:30. I've had no major pain since surgery. Worst was probably 3 on a scale 1-10 and that was fairly intermittent. I've been on Panadol (Tylenol) since surgery and they added Tramedol yesterday (although I didn't need it) to keep inflammation down and hopefully prevent pain. I've had none of the shoulder pain and only today have much in the way of gas pains and that's been pretty minimal. No real problems so far although I needed oxygen first night and a drip as my attempt to eat post-op made me sick. Also had trouble with bladder and required a catheter twice, which slightly delayed my discharge. Overall it has been a good experience (as surgery goes) and all the doctors and staff have been really good.

I ate a pretty big hospital lunch yesterday with no ill effects. Hadn't planned on a lot of food but was ravenous after nearly 48 hours. Only foods so far have been hospital meals and had no problems there. Surgeon has said fatty foods could cause nausea/bloating for a few months but otherwise eat normal diet. Will probably stick to similar diet to pre-op anyway since it was working well for me.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:47 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Home after surgery (all good so far)

Good news! Continued good healing for you....

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
ljs (01-18-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2011, 06:05 AM   #3
(female)

ljs HB User

Just updating on my recovery...I'm just starting day five post op and doing quite well. I've been really tired since I got home and have been sleeping a lot the past couple of days. It was suggested that the tramadol might be responsible for the sleepiness when I was discharged but I'm feeling much the same just on the Panadol. I assume my body is just trying to make sure I take it easy and rest. Only pain so far has been from constipation and that was far worse than any surgery pain. I started meds for that as soon as I was home but unfortunately was unable to avoid it. Aside from that, I've had no problems at all and seem to be healing really well.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

Hi there, I had mine out 10 days ago and other than being really tired and some sore I have done good too. I hope we both get some energy soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to mim For This Useful Post:
ljs (01-18-2011)
Old 01-18-2011, 07:13 AM   #5
(female)

ljs HB User

Today was a bit better...made it through the day with no nap but ready to crash right now.
Had a bad day yesterday...must be the post-surgery blues...still feeling a bit down but less so today. Also had bad diarrhea every time I ate (all no-fat)...but today haven't had any.

If it's not too hot tomorrow, might force myself out for a bit of a walk around the block. Maybe a little exercise will pull me out of this.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Getting out and walking would most likely be very good for you - if not physcially, emotionally! Could lift your spirits.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #7
(female)

ljs HB User

I'm sure you're right. Exercise is pretty good for the mental health and I might be at the point where it will make a difference for both.

I got to sleep quickly last night and woke up hours before I was ready but couldn't get back to sleep. Cleaned up a mess in the kitchen that had been neglected and that is making me feel heaps better alone. My hubby has been fantastic but he is working full time and needs a bit of down time...Kids not so helpful but I guess that's typical. I'll probably need a nap before too long but will try to get out in the afternoon and must get out in the yard to water things as it's bone dry here and plants are wilting. Too bad we can't get some of that rain the rest of Australia is getting.

Closed Thread