It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2011, 02:28 AM   #1
(female)

dee46 HB User
Hiatal Hernia anyone

Oh gosh now I am having lots of pain in my chest I bent over earlier and it felt like a lump pushed up in my esophagus. Now I am having pain and difficulty swallowing at the base of my esophagus. I thought perhaps I have a hiatial hernia I have gain a lot of weight in my belly over the last 2 years plus I lift and pull for a profession. The pain is horrible right now. Maybe gallbladder ruptured. I had a bad attack just like this over a year ago chest pain at base of breastbone) and was very sick. Ultrasound show little sludge in gallbladder, no stones. I was given IM Reglan and pain killers. It subsided.

This is awful. i just don't know if gallbladder can do all this?? Its hurting right through esophagus to back bad.

Last edited by dee46; 02-14-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
(female)

ljs HB User
Re: Hiatal Hernia anyone

I don't think the gallbladder would cause those type of symptoms except for the vomiting that accompanies it. It sounds like it could be related to a hiatal hernia or it could be related to reflux. I've had problems with both over the years. I had several episodes last year that I initially thought might be related to gallstones (I'd had an episode many years before with similar symptoms) but my doctor thought were more likely to be reflux related. When I had my first major gallbladder problem in September, it was in a similar area but was a very different experience.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread