It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
(female)

momof2rugrats HB Usermomof2rugrats HB User
I don't feel good :(

Well, I really don't feel good. I started feeling sick to my stomach yesterdy. I took a dose of milk of magnesia. The day before. The next morning I woke up feelin pretty dang cruddy!My stomach will not stop gurgling & its doing it like crazy. The milk of magnesia produced diarrhea. I have an aching pain in my left side. And I feel really tight in the area of my incision in the middle. My stomach feels sour, but I feel like I'm starving I am out of pain medication. Im guessing they only give you a few days worth, but instead of taking 2 i went to 1. I didn't need both, but I still feel like I need the one. I take advil and it won't knock that achey pain out of my left side. Im guessing Im going to have to call the DR. today, but was hoping I would wake up feeling better today. BLAH. I don't understand, if this is just a part of it and I will have to work thru it?Or if I'm having troubles?

The following user gives a hug of support to momof2rugrats:
djc4294 (02-17-2011)
Old 02-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: I don't feel good :(

Have no idea. Left side typically isn't gb related. What is your diet like?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
(female)

Hello!Oh boy, I feel so much better than yesterday morning & the day before!! I seriously believe that milk of magnesia did something awful to my stomach!I was afraid to take anything else for my stomach & suffered. I finally broke down and took Pepto & it worked within the hour!

After my stomach calmed down, I had this weird spasm in my right side around the surgery area. Felt like my insides were just rolling around inside. Felt so icky and weird. But, this morning, that is gone. Ive doubled my speed HAHA. I can finally walk without being all hunched over.

My diet is pretty fair. I kinda messed up a few times, but for the first 5 days I lived off of soup & crackers for lunch & dinner. And oatmeal for breakfast. So weird that certain things don't even sound good that I normally like to eat.

How long does the swelling usually last?I feel so tight in my upper abdomen right below my chest. I no it will take time. Everyone keeps saying how this surgery is not a big deal. I realize its one of the less complicated, but when you are recovering from it, it seems a big deal HAHA. I feel like I should be able to be back to myself. But, I load this dishwasher and do a load of laundry & I'm wore out
I no it takes time to heal. And before I no it, I will be back to myself.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
(female)

ljs HB User

Oops. I replied to an earlier thread and didn't see this. I'm glad you are feeling better now.

I found it took most of the first two weeks before I felt mostly back to normal. I can't remember about the swelling...my wounds are still slightly swollen now and sometimes are quite sensitive. That's the only real problem for me at the moment but it's not constant or a major issue.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:53 AM   #5
(female)

ljs, that's good to no for me. I really had a rough night. I felt more achey than I have been feeling at night. It really ticks me off that I don't have anything stronger than advil or tylenol to take. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to try taking two of the tramadol that my reg dr gave me for my hip and back pain. I haven't been having to take that. I feel really heavy in the middle. And the right side is so achey. I liked that pain med the Dr. gave me HAHA. I could take just 1 and it would knock all that out. I'm afraid to ask for more I think I might of over done it yesterday and didn't even do a whole lot?

I'm not sure if all my hurting was caused from the gallbladder or not. Or if its just a coincdence?But, my hips and my back hasn't been hurting, my legs haven't been getting stiff from sitting. I haven't been getting the fever?Other than achiness I don't think I feel that thing in my rib like I used to?

Off to fight with my daughter to get her outta bed She doesn't like waking up in the mornings!

Old 02-16-2011, 07:00 AM   #6
(female)

ljs HB User

It is possible that the pains during attacks may have a different origin than the gallbladder. It's less common but some people do get stones originating from the bile duct (and I think maybe the liver?) rather than the gallbladder and they could occur again after gallbladder removal. From what I hear, though, it is rather uncommon for this to happen.

Take it a bit easier today and hopefully you will have a better night's sleep tonight.

Take care

Closed Thread