It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
(female)

praise316 HB User
Surgical Consultation

Hi - I'm new to these boards, and I'm basically here because I have to have a surgical consultation on the 16th (which is also my birthday ) which is making really nervous. I have gallstones, but I don't know how big they are yet.
I'm also really concerned about the life style changes I'll have to adopt. If I just have the stones removed, will I still need to change my diet as radically or at all? I know that if I have the whole thing removed I can't really eat fat, which is going to be hard for me since I do a lot of eating on the run. Should I really be this worried or am I just psyching myself out?

Thanks for the help and providing a space for me to rant!

Old 03-15-2011, 05:34 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Surgical Consultation

I don't know where you got your information but it is in error. They do not remove just the stones, only the gallbladder itself. And you have to eat fat free for only the first couple of weeks or so. Eventually you can go back to a normal diet. I certainly have. Had a cheeseburger last night. No problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #3
(male)

DKTemp HB User
Re: Surgical Consultation

Hope your consult went OK.

Different people have different adjustment periods, but on average most seem to do fine afterwards. I had mine out on the 6th. I tried to watch fats for the first week. I'm back to eating normally now, and have had no problems with anything so far. It's actually far better than before I had it out.

Closed Thread