It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
(female)

amberwolf HB User
ultra sound on gall bladder scared

Over the past 2 years I have had reacuuring trips to the hospital with the most awful pains under my right rib cage ,just under the sternum and into my back and the side of my right ribcage going up to my right shoulder blade ,the pain was worse than giving birth i couldnt stand up straight or even sit down it felt like i was having a heart attack at one point the pain came in waves it was awful.
i was also quite sick with vomiting ..the hospital said it was probably gallstones as I had all the classic symptoms gave me a jab and sent me home told me to go to the drs.......here lies the problem I suffer with health anxiety and have panic attacks so because the pains always went away i never bothered to go to the dr......Hence i changed my diet and the attacks got less frequent had the odd niggle here and there.......last week i had another attack my diet had become rather full of things i knew i shouldnt have been eating kfc and cheese and also fries and i talked myself into going to the drs......he said it was gallstones after describing my symptoms and feeling my abdomen i had intense pain where the gall bladder is situated ...he has now referred me to have an ultra sound scan...........and now i am in the throws of almost a week of anxiety attacks fearing the worst you know how dr google is ....ill say no more but i am scared really scared i cant sleep at night my stomach is churning with fear all the time......i just wanted to ask of those of you that have had gall bladder issues inbeetween attacks did u have like a burning achy pain under/below your right shoulder and did u feel sick sometimes too please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: ultra sound on gall bladder scared

I think that a gallbladder problem is the most likely explanation for your pain. The ultrasound should give you correct information one way or the other, and then you may be referred to a surgeon.

Try not to stress too much. Just watch your diet, no fat, and keep yourself busy with other things.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
amberwolf (06-15-2011)
Old 06-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

My daughter-in-law did. She suffered because her first dr didn't recognize the symptoms. Months later, her mom told her to go see a GI. He ordered the ultrasound and a week later she had the surgery. Has been great since.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mel52 For This Useful Post:
amberwolf (06-15-2011)
Old 06-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
(female)

amberwolf HB User

I have cut out fats altogether at the moment and my diet is very bland drinking alot of apple juice as ive read it is supposed to help.....trying to keep myself occupied with card making and trying to do the garden its difficult when the niggly back/shoulder pain is always lurking in the background thank you for the help

Closed Thread