It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
(female)

LinseyMarie21 HB User
Exclamation ?????Gallbladder Problems?????

So let me start off by saying i started a diet about a year ago. three monthes and a lose of 40 pounds later i started to experiance this pain right below my chest bone and into my right abdemon. It was severe pain. It would wake me up out of a dead sleep inbetween the hours of 3 and 5 am. I'm talking so severe i couldnt lay down, sit up, walk, crouch over, talk, or even breathe without it hurting. About two hours into the pain i threw up and the pain seemed to go away. I didnt pay any real attention to it until about a month later when i got it again. This time it was the same way throw up three hours into the pain and then no more pain. Well first i just thought that this was going to be a routine thing until 3 days later it was back and this time it was so severe i was sweating like i just ran 5 miles and my lower back and across my shoulder blades started to hurt. This time the pain lasted about 7 hours before it went away. About two weeks after that the pain was back and after nine hours of dealing with the pain i decided to go to the Emergency Room. they told me i have one gallstone and my liver was enlarged. The doctor told me to stay away from fried food, but the thing about it was since i had started my diet i hadnt eaten any sweets, any red meat, or any fried food. so i just kinda agree with the doctor and figured it would just go away. well since then i have had it 3 or 4 more times. the last one was just 2 days ago in it last 23 hours before the pain ever went away.. Although this time i was throwing up brown and my pee was orange. I have plans to go see a doctor but im the type that doesnt want to go if i dont have to. i have now lost 70 pounds and kinda scared to try to lose anymore. and im only 22 years old. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this with gallbladder problems??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: ?????Gallbladder Problems?????

Did the ER do an Ultrasound, CT Scan or any other tests? What else did they say about your liver? Did they not give you a referral to a Gastroenterologist, seeing that your liver was enlarged? You need to go back to the doctor ASAP!

The Following User Says Thank You to rufous57 For This Useful Post:
LinseyMarie21 (07-12-2011)
Old 07-12-2011, 04:21 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Absolutely! Go to the doctor. You should stay away from ALL fat - and that means dairy (milk,cheese), anything fried, salad dressings, mayo, cream sauces, etc. You need to have your gallbladder out at the least. Please see someone right away.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
LinseyMarie21 (07-12-2011)
Old 07-12-2011, 05:46 AM   #4
(female)

LinseyMarie21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufous57 View Post
Did the ER do an Ultrasound, CT Scan or any other tests? What else did they say about your liver? Did they not give you a referral to a Gastroenterologist, seeing that your liver was enlarged? You need to go back to the doctor ASAP!
Yes they did an Ultrasound that is how that found out my liver was enlarged and i have one gallstone. They ran some blood work and all they said was my liver enzymes were very high. other than that they acted as if it were big deal so thats how i took it. No they did not refer me to a Gastroenterologist or any other doctor for that matter.the way they acted was that it wasnt serious and i was making something out of nothing. that is why everytime it has come back i just dealt with it but after 23 hours in pain i realize it could be more than nothing.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:49 AM   #5
(female)

LinseyMarie21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Absolutely! Go to the doctor. You should stay away from ALL fat - and that means dairy (milk,cheese), anything fried, salad dressings, mayo, cream sauces, etc. You need to have your gallbladder out at the least. Please see someone right away.
When i started my diet i also stopped eating cheese and mayo. i only drink almomd milk and as for salad dressing and yougurt i only eat fat free. Are those still no good for my gallbladder?

Old 07-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I would say those are OK except for the almond milk. I'd stay away from nuts of any kind as they have oil in them. no fat means no fat of any kind - no olive oil, no nothing.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #7
(male)

Collector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB User
Re: ?????Gallbladder Problems

Yes, it sounds like you have gallbladder problems. It is not uncommon to develop gallbladder problems after weight loss, especially rapid weight loss. Weight loss causes an increase in the flow of bile, etc, into the gallbladder where stones are formed.

When your digestive systems senses fat in the digestive system, it commands the gallbladder to squeeze and release bile to help breakdown the fat. This is why the Dr. wants a no fat diet. Without fat, your gallbladder will not attempt to contract as often. A low fat diet is not a cure. Once you have gallbladder problems you are pretty much stuck with them.

The intense pain you are feeling is likely from passing gallstones down the ducts. When you feel intense pain you need to go to the emergency room. While the stones can pass, occasionally they can become stuck which is a medical emergency.

You need to insist on being sent to a Gastroenterologist who will probably refer you to a surgeon. While most people will develop gallstones if they live long enough--life is too short to live in pain!

Old 07-13-2011, 03:44 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

My liver was enlarged along with gallstones - my liver enzymes went up and they told me I had fatty liver. I was reading on the internet when you lose large amounts of weight over a period of time you may develop gallstones (certain people). Women especially are more likely to develop gallstones and I guess that has to do with our hormones. Anyway, some people get nausea with gallstones or they go to the bathroom right away. They also may have sharp pains. I had moderate pain but I went to the emergency room and had my gallbladder removed. I have not had a easy road with all this and still trying to straighten out my digestive system (mine was removed 2008).

Closed Thread