It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
(female)

sunshinebee HB User
Question Middle back pain, upper abdomen pain.Do you share it with me?

I have posted before, but was wondering if ANY other person has experienced ANY of my symptoms before..along with me. Everyone is different, but might be nice to talk it over with a twin. Thanks

Upper middle (between ribs and a bit lower at times) stomach ache. Sometimes i can feel it there, other times, when i start to poke around, it will ache for awhile until it settles down. Back pain felt high bra strap line (middle) and sometimes towards the left.

I do get gas that can last a day or two. I have only belched a handful of times in the last 3 months of dealing with this. I do feel bloated many times. On occasion (which is normally not something my body does BEFORE this started happening) my stomach will grumble horribly.

Had an ultra sound done, found 1 large stone and i guess a few small small ones. Also, sludge.

I am almost convinced it is an ulcer instead. I wake up sometimes and have that slight ache in my stummy, back area. Sometimes i dont. Sometime it feels better after i eat, sometimes it is just horrid.

My diet is low fat, no dairy, friend, etc

Anyone feel the same way?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Middle back pain, upper abdomen pain.Do you share it with me?

You may well have an ulcer but I can tell you that most of those symptoms - rib area pain, back pain, bloating - are gallstone symptoms. Have that puppy out!

The following user gives a hug of support to Titchou:
sunshinebee (09-05-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
sunshinebee (09-05-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
(female)

stoney123 HB User

i have the same symptoms as you, and i too have sort of flip-flopped on whether I buy that the gallstones are the issue (i have a couple - one large 2.5 cm one). My bilirubin has been high over the past couple of months that I've been having issues, though, which also could point to gallstones as being problematic. Had colonoscopy but no endoscopy. I've met with a surgeon who isn't 100% convinced as he's said my symptoms are atypical (one major one being that food, even fatty stuff doesn't seem to make a difference, though I haven't had anything really bad since diagnosed w/ stones).

Old 12-10-2011, 03:04 AM   #4
(male)

johnsmith9875 HB User

I had similar symptoms and got checked for ulcer...nothing other than stomach irritation presumably due to bile reflux. Gallbladder had some stones and sludge, had it taken out. I'm still in the recovery process so I now have new pains to deal with due to the 4 holes in my belly and the healing that has to be done from the poking around they did in there.

I found out the hard way that just because your gall bladder isn't inflamed or painful when you push on it, doesn't mean it its working right. I probably should have had it done months ago.

Closed Thread