It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2011, 05:28 AM   #1
(female)

MimiD HB User
Nausea in the morning

About five weeks ago a started to have acid reflux symptoms; chest pain, constant burping, nausea, loose stools etc. I'm on my third PPI as nothing seems to completely alleviating the symptoms, I'm taking Nexium 40mg 2x a day. I'm not convinced it's acid reflux, a walk-in clinic doctor suggested it may be my gallbladder, although, no stones where found on the ultra sound, she said it may be gravel/sand. Recently the nausea has been worse in the mornings, the doctor has prescribed phochlorperazine which helps when I take it. If this was gallbladder related, why would the nausea be worse in the morning on an empty stomach? Has anyone experienced this with gallbladder issues? I'm still not ruling out acid reflux or hiatal hernia. I'm scheduled for a HIDA on Nov 24th and upper GI on the 25th.

I also have lots of stomach rumbling at night when I go to bed.

Last edited by MimiD; 11-12-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Morning nausea

Hi,
Have you been tested for H.Pylori.
The symptoms fit.
When I had H.P. I felt awful sick first thing in the morning and better after I had eaten.

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
(female)

MimiD HB User

I was tested last week for H. Pylori and was told it takes 2-3 weeks for the results to come back. I also get nausea after eating or during, just recently the nausea has been worse in the mornings.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
(female)

Rhiannon68 HB User

Something you said caught eye, the stomach rumbling. I have that too, badly! I had all sorts of scans, all neg until I had the HIDA and it was my GB. I had labs for the same things you did and they were neg. I have this terrible feeling of starvation and stay sick to my stomach. I have mine out in a few weeks. Good luck!

Old 11-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
(female)

MimiD HB User

That's exactly how I feel, tummy rumbling, feeling of starvation yet stay sick to my stomach. Good luck with the surgery. My mother and sister both had theirs out and the recovery was very quick.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
(female)

MimiD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Hi,
Have you been tested for H.Pylori.
The symptoms fit.
When I had H.P. I felt awful sick first thing in the morning and better after I had eaten.

Solofelix.
I just received my results and tested positive for H.Pylori and started treatment today. I seems this is what has been causing my symptoms.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
I had a good idea that H.Pylori could be your problem.
After your treatment take a good Probiotic and if you are on a PPI continue with it for at least 4-6 weeks after, at least thats what I was told. Check with your Dr.

Solofelix.

Closed Thread