It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
(male)

c00p HB User
Gallblader removal 1 month later.

My 15 year old son had his gallbladder removed a month ago and has been home from school the last two days with flu like symptoms (chills, slight fever, loose bowl movements and body aches) Could this be related to having his gallbladder removed?

Additional information: His gallbladder was removed via Single Port Laparoscopy (SPL). Three days after the surgery he was able to eat anything he wanted without issue. One week after surgery he was pain free but tender to the touch. Ten days after surgery he was swinging a baseball bat at full strength. Two week after surgery played five games of baseball including pitching one game.

With his speedy recovery from the surgery I am hoping that he just has the flu but I do not want to overlook the possibility that this is related to gallbladder removal.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Gallblader removal 1 month later.

I would think it's the flu but this close to surgery, I'd go see the doctor....just in case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread