It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
(female)

TNJSMOMMA HB User
High liver Enzymes

I had my gallbladder out and 9 days later was back to the ER for a bile duct obstruction. My liver enzymes were 686 (36 normal) and the ATL was 310 (52 normal) Went back a week later and still high.. now telling me to go another week and have blood drawn again if abnormal I need to see gasterologist (sp?) .. Has anyone had this problem after the GB was removed?

Old 11-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: High liver Enzymes

I realize this is an old post but was wondering if you went back to get new blood work done and if so, what were the results? Did you see a GI?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2011, 04:46 AM   #3
(female)

TNJSMOMMA HB User

Its not a old post actually. I had gone back for the 3rd draw monday.. waiting results again. I think when its dragged out like this and all the waiting makes a person more nervous. When I hear from the doc I will let you know. Been almost a month so hoping they have come down so I can get back to a normal life. The simple GB surgery has turned into a hassle.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User

I know how you feel, I recently had to return for a 3rd draw myself, as both ALT and AST were elevated on the previous 2 labs. And for some reason, the 3rd draw took over a week, plus Thanksgiving was in the middle of it! It is nerve-wracking, I empathize with you and hope your results come back normal! Keep us posted.

What happened with your blocked bile duct?

Old 12-02-2011, 04:54 AM   #5
(female)

TNJSMOMMA HB User

Did yours all happen after a GB removal too? The bile duct obstruction had me crying that hurt alot Iwent to the ER and they gave me tudarol (sp?) which I guess relaxes the ducts and allowed the stone to release. I was fine after that. From reading on the internet a obstruction can cause high liver enzymes. Its been 3 weeks from the first test. I went last week on monday for the 2nd blood draw and had it back on Wednesday. Was hoping to hear something by now. Maybe today. Are you feeling ok through all this? Sounds like your dealing with the exact same thing.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:17 AM   #6
(female)

TNJSMOMMA HB User

Im sorry it took so long to reply. I couldnt get a call back from the doctor. Its all fine now results are all close to normal. I asked if it was just a result of the surgery and they said quite possible. Im just happy it was nothing serious. I celebrated with a expresso martini

Old 12-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Well thank goodness your liver levels went back to normal! Man that must have been painful!! If I could still drink coffee, I would join you in a toast! I had my gallbladder out in January of this year, never had any bile duct obstruction but my surgeon said my ducts were plugged with sludge and my gallbladder was severely inflammed with thickened walls.

My 3rd blood work came back normal, which was great. However, this last week I caught this influenza-like virus that had me bedridden for 4 days and when I went to my doctor to be tested for strep and sinus infection, she took blood and now my ALT is 73 AST 93. Good news, the flu like symptoms are almost gone, but now I have to go back for more blood work tomorrow and see my GI January 11th.

Hope you continue to feel better!

Old 12-12-2011, 05:28 AM   #8
(female)

TNJSMOMMA HB User

I sure hope you feel better. Thats awful that your still not well since January. Sounds awful. The only thing that really bothered me was coffee but I am fine now. I eat alot of hot stuff and just slowly adding that back in. I was worried at first it wasnt even the gallbladder and they removed it. I did have alot of pain so its a relief to be past it. I pray you get better .. I would hate to have to deal with pain or feeling sick for a year.. Mine last 2 months and thankful to feel good again. Sometimes I think Doctors make it worse.. obviously.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Well, I haven't been sick since January. I had my surgery Jan 31st and had a normal recovery period, just had to learn to change my diet. I no longer have GB issues, but I have this other prolapsed rectal issue and now this thing with my liver enzymes...My bloodwork from today came back almost back to normal but I still have to see my regular doctor for follow up next week and more bloodwork. Would you believe they think I passed a kidney stone? Anyway, hope you stay healthy too!

Old 12-13-2011, 06:01 AM   #10
(female)

TNJSMOMMA HB User

Oh I thought it was all a result of the GB removal.. sorry! I heard Kidney stones are even worse than Gall stones. I hope everything comes back and they get you to being back to normal. Kinda scary when our health isnt right .. I think after I hit 40 everything started going haywire..lol Do you take any meds that cause liver problems? I really think it was the Norco they had me on before and after the surgery.

Closed Thread