It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
(female)

megashark HB User
Bowel Problems after Gall Bladder removal

I had my Gall Bladder removed on October 6th due to constant abdominal pain and constipation. I was also experiencing regular cramping underneath my rib cage on the right side. Supposedly the pain and problems were due to a large Gall Stone blockage.
Unfortunately, since the surgery I've had all the same problems, except now I have Green Constipation and occasional blood. When the bleeding first started I contacted my surgeon and he said "what does that have to do with your gall bladder?" I said "uh, I didn't happen till after you took it out?" he said "we may have to see you for a new problem" and that was it.
I went to my primary care DR. and she is referring me for a colonoscopy, unfortunately, I can't get that done until March of all things. As it would turn out, I'm scheduled for March but I'm also on the cancellation list. I hear that they do that for routine screenings, but my Dr. knows I"ve been suffering with this abdominal pain for many years and if it wasn't the gall bladder then whatever it is has been a problem for a long time. Here's what's been done over the last few years:
D & C
hysterectomy
Bladder sling
Lower abdominal CT SCAN with contrast (found the stones)
Gall Bladder removal
Anyone have any input???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread