It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
(female)

jalynn07 HB User
post-gallbladder removal diet.

Okay I keep seeing where everyone says stay away from fat for several weeks after surgery. When I had my gallbladder remved 10 days ago all my paperwork said nothing spicy or greasy for 24hours then normal diet as torated. I have been able to eat most of what I normally would. I don't eat greasy or fatty food. At my 1 week follow up the Dr told me I could have anything to eat or drink just no heavy lifting. I don't really like the DR so if you eat fat what will happen, will it make you hurt or have diarehea. Just curious. I know i have had most likely had some stuff that would be considered fatty food with no problems.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: post-gallbladder removal diet.

Diarrhea is the usual side effect with some people experiencing pain. They leave a bile duct to do the work of the gb so it's usually best to let it come "online" slowly - thus the low fat diet. I dare say if you ate a taco that you would be rushing to the bathroom!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
(female)

jalynn07 HB User

I had taco bell tonight which I figured my be a mistake. My husband loves taco bell even though I never really eat tacos I usually eat plain flat bread sandwiches. I was curious as to why my dr never mentioned anything abot it. I really don't like my dr though. The 3 times I have seen him he may have said 30 words to me. Everything I found out about the surgery was from the internet. Then when he removed one of my stitchs he kept dropping the sicissors and pulling on the stitch which hurt like crazy. Maybe when he removes the other stitch this week it will be better.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
(female)

Rhiannon68 HB User

I think we had surgery the same day. My papers said the same thing, low fat then normal diet. I dont know about you, but I am about starved to death. I want to drink milk so bad, but am afraid. I did eat a salad, with fat free dressing and had a little urge for the potty an hr later. I eat nothing but turkey, etc, I want a little fat!! I am craving a pizza so bad! How are you recovering? I am tender where the GB scopes, etc went in, but I also had hernia repair which has been hard and very painful......... BTW, My doc took out my staples 6 days after my surgery, I can hardly see the incisions! Now the hernia is another story, I have a deformed navel now! LOL The incision there is a little more iffy looking at the moment!

Old 12-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #5
(female)

jalynn07 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannon68 View Post
I think we had surgery the same day. My papers said the same thing, low fat then normal diet. I dont know about you, but I am about starved to death. I want to drink milk so bad, but am afraid. I did eat a salad, with fat free dressing and had a little urge for the potty an hr later. I eat nothing but turkey, etc, I want a little fat!! I am craving a pizza so bad! How are you recovering? I am tender where the GB scopes, etc went in, but I also had hernia repair which has been hard and very painful......... BTW, My doc took out my staples 6 days after my surgery, I can hardly see the incisions! Now the hernia is another story, I have a deformed navel now! LOL The incision there is a little more iffy looking at the moment!
I have been able to eat what I ate before with no problems. I have had some potty issues but not right after I ate. My belly button looks gross. I have no clue as to why my dr didn't remove that stitch but it looks like it may me close getting infected as with the two maybe three incisions in my belly button. The other incisions are healed but not the belly button. I do have some sorness and right upper quardant pain. No biggie though. I hope you continue to heal nicely.

Old 12-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
(female)

Rhiannon68 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalynn07 View Post
I have been able to eat what I ate before with no problems. I have had some potty issues but not right after I ate. My belly button looks gross. I have no clue as to why my dr didn't remove that stitch but it looks like it may me close getting infected as with the two maybe three incisions in my belly button. The other incisions are healed but not the belly button. I do have some sorness and right upper quardant pain. No biggie though. I hope you continue to heal nicely.
My hernia was around my navel as well. It looks like I have been bitten by a shark!LOL Horrid looking! Mine has one place that concerns me, I had a bit of drainage the other day but now is scabbed over. Wish you best of luck too!I so far feel so much better now that my GB is out!!!!!

Closed Thread