It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
(female)

riverphx2 HB User
what are some ways to get rid of Gallstones naturally?

Hi folks, well as the question states on top I would like to know the ways and diets to get rid of gallstones naturally. I have not been told I have them, but I have been feeling dull ache pain on my right side under the rib cage.
If I do have them I know its due to the reason that I eat so bad. I've been eating all sorts of candies and junk food so I would like to get help from those who've dealt with it.

Things I would like to know..... What is the best diet to do in order to pass them naturally? What should I eat in the morning, between, lunch, between, and dinner?

What foods should I avoid?
What foods should I eat?
I've read sites where people talk about what they did in order to get rid of them. Something to do with Olive oil, apple cidar vinegar, and lemon juice all mixed together is that good?

So, I am 23 just wondering if I could get some help, thank you.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: what are some ways to get rid of Gallstones naturally?

While some people extoll the virtues of a flush, it can be very dangerous. Stones can get stuck in the bile duct and that would require emergency surgery. I suggest you go to your doctor for testing to verify what your problem truly is.

As for what kind of a diet to be on to control the pain, low fat is it. The gb constricts when you ingest fat. The stones are spiney and that's what causes the pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
(female)

lw422 HB User

The surgeon who removed my gall bladder told me that MOST people have gallstones and live their lives without ever having a symptom. It is we unlucky few who experience a blocked duct or whatever that causes pain and "issues." So merely having gallstones is not necessarily ever going to be a problem.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
(female)

riverphx2 HB User

I have heard that it is possible stones could get stuck but what are the chances? I know you could make the stones disslove in size and possibly pass them. Lets say I do have them I want to make them as small as possible and pass them.
I did visit with my doctor and he pressed all over my stomach and felt tenderness and a dull sting when he pressed on the area that bothers me. He told me he wanted to do blood tests which I did and now have to wait. What will blood tests do?

I was reading that gallstone symptoms could be other things not just that. I do have IBS irritable bowel syndrome and gastritis so I have to deal with that all the time.

How can we go our whole lives with stones inside? I heard it could lead to cancer?

Old 02-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

If they are small enough, they aren't a problem. It's when they get larger or there are so many of them that problems occur. They are spiney. So when the gb constricts to push the bile into your digestive track, it tightens on the spines of the stones and that is the pain. Continually doing this can cause damage to the gb and then possible infection and then it can rupture, like an appendix. This is possibly fatal.

The blood work will show if your bilirubin is elevated, a marker for gb problems. An ultrasound is the test for stones. A HIDA scan the test for damage and function.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #6
(female)

riverphx2 HB User

I fiqured if you can reduce the size of the stone you could easily pass them. But I went to the doctors and did blood tests and the results where good, my blood was good. So what does that mean? No gallstones? I still get discomfort but its not painful I can still go about my day but everything was fine.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:11 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

A blood test won't tell you whether you have stones nor if your gb is non functioning. elevated billirubin might indicate a problem but that isn't conclusive. You need an ultrasound for stones and/or a HIDA for function.

Closed Thread