It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
(female)

wheresthelove16 HB User
Unhappy Three months post-op and STILL having pain

I had my GB removal (lap) back in December.

First, everything was going great. I had no pain, no digestive issues, the only pain I had is when I over-exerted myself at the gym with crunches or sit-ups.

But now, I've got a pain right under my right rib cage, in the area my GB used to be, and it radiates to my back/lower back/kidney area. My right side of my abdomen feels "sick" all the time.

I went back to my surgeon, who went ahead with a physical exam and pressed on all parts of my abdomen/back, and it only hurt right under my rib cage. He thinks I "pulled a muscle"... He said it's not a bile leak, and nothing serious.

So a week later I made an appointment with my general doctor, and she too, agrees it a muscle injury, and has nothing to do with the surgery. She says she "understands" how I'm nervous about this pain because it is IDENTICAL to the pain I had when my GB was acting up, but was assuring me that it's definitely muscle related.

Now randomly, hours after I eat ANYTHING, sometimes I get severe cramping in my stomach BELOW my belly button. At first I thought it was a bit of a stomach flu, but it's been happening on and off randomly for weeks. And I feel nauseous after eating sometimes.

Neither of my doctors even wanted to do an ultrasound, or blood work. I dunno... I feel kinda like neither of them took me seriously. I'm freaking out because I think it's a kidney/liver problem or some kind of tumor.

Has anyone else had this pain? Or these problems AFTER GB removal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
(female)

Jacy56 HB UserJacy56 HB User
Re: Three months post-op and STILL having pain

Pain in area of gb is normal. I had gb removed in November. Pain consistent in area where gb was. I was so worried. Dr. Told me this may happen. Spoke to several people who told me it could last months or longer. Now I also get pain on left side below ribs. Dr. Said it is spasms.
Seems to be common pain according to threads I read on this site.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #3
(female)

birdj HB User

post removed by author

Last edited by birdj; 03-13-2012 at 06:52 AM. Reason: deleted

Old 03-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #4
(female)

Ressamm20 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresthelove16 View Post

Now randomly, hours after I eat ANYTHING, sometimes I get severe cramping in my stomach BELOW my belly button. At first I thought it was a bit of a stomach flu, but it's been happening on and off randomly for weeks. And I feel nauseous after eating sometimes...

Has anyone else had this pain? Or these problems AFTER GB removal?
After I had my gallbladder removed i also continued to have similar pain and nausa (sorry about spelling issues). My Gastrointerologist told me that my body did not ajust properly to my gallbladder being removed. My body was producing too much bile that would go straight into my stomach since the gallbladder was not there to control the flow so to speak. She perscribed Walchol and it has done wonders for me. I strongly recomened asking about this possiblity. (just so you know Welchol is a medication for cholestrol but also works as a "bile binding agent" according to my gastrointerologist). I hope this helps.

Ressa

Old 03-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
(female)

ABCBN HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ressamm20 View Post
After I had my gallbladder removed i also continued to have similar pain and nausa (sorry about spelling issues). My Gastrointerologist told me that my body did not ajust properly to my gallbladder being removed. My body was producing too much bile that would go straight into my stomach since the gallbladder was not there to control the flow so to speak. She perscribed Walchol and it has done wonders for me. I strongly recomened asking about this possiblity. (just so you know Welchol is a medication for cholestrol but also works as a "bile binding agent" according to my gastrointerologist). I hope this helps.

Ressa
I had my gallbladder removed in 9/2012 because I had a low functioning gallbladder. I still have stomach problems after eating including pain around my belly button area, bloating, feeling full easily, or nausea. I do not have diarrhea.
The doctor is not sure what is causing my symptoms. He wants me to have a colonoscopy. I probably will not get the done for awhile because the clinics are booked up.

How did your doctor diagnosis that your body was producing too much bile?

Old 03-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
(female)

Ressamm20 HB User

She made the dignosis based on the symptoms i told her (heartburn, pain, nausea,ect) She prescribed the welchol and it has done wonders in helping me. I have had a long term relationship with my Gastroenterologist due to other chronic health issues (crohn's, diverticulitis, errosion in my stomach, hiatal hernia, ect). This long term relationship makes it very easy for her to know what may be the cause of new issues if one of my current issues is not to blame. I wish you luck as you find relief for your symptoms.

Ressa

Closed Thread