It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
(female)

mommyof1b1g HB User
Exclamation IBS & Gallbladder

I am a 35 year old woman and two months ago I had my gallbladder out laparoscopically after discovering I had gallstones and a diseased gallbladder.

Prior to my gallbladder surgery I had been diagnosed with IBS-C and IBS-D in my early teens, but I have had some form of IBS since I was a baby. That said post-op my IBS-D and IBS-C have been much worse. Prior to surgery I used to be fairly certain which foods would trigger an IBS-D attack and my daily bathroom habits were fairly normal/routine, however, now it doesn't seem to matter, how little, how much, or even what I eat that will bring on an attack. Also, now my IBS-D and IBS-C come with strong to severe lower abdominal cramping and with the IBS-C lots of gas (sorry if this TMI). Also, the cramping can last for hours or I can get relief after I've gone to the bathroom. I know the Dr. said I might have diarrhea after surgery but, I didn't think it would be too different then what I had with my IBS boy was I WRONG. I also didn't figure that I wouldn't know anymore which foods made my IBS worse.

So, can anyone tell me if they have had similar symptoms following surgery? Have you found any relief from these symptoms either with increasing your fiber, using probiotics, vitamins, etc. that have given you relief and made things return to normal? Also, have you noticed if there are certain foods that seem to aggravate the IBS?

Any help or advice you can offer I would really appreciate it. Thank you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread