It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
(female)

breezyanna78 HB User
Stomach or gallbladder?

Hi,

For the past 2 months I have been having constant gas but only burping, i can do it all day long! I had pain in my front right side and in my back. Went for an ultrasound which showed no stones but I have a fatty liver. i have discomfort in my sternum area, even my bra putting pressure on it bothers me. My throat contanstly feels like there is pressure in it toward the bottom of my neck. ITS weird but it feels like I have vibrating on my right side under ribcage. I also feel nausous off and on. The gi doctor put me on nexium for a month then I go back to see if it helps. It helped a little but I cannot eat any greasy food or it acts up again! My question is will an ultrasound always show stones? My coworker had the same exact symptoms and it was her gallbladder. bUT her ultrasound showed the stones.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
(male)

Collector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB User
Re: Stomach or gallbladder?

Yes, it could be your gallbladder. Common gallbladder symptoms include nausea, gas/belching, pain under the right ribs, pain in the back, pain in the left shoulder, diarrhea, stool that becomes pale in color, etc. The thing to remember is that everybody has slightly different symptoms.

The fact that you have pain after eating fatty foods is another sign of gallbladder disease. After you eat fatty foods, the intestines tell the gallbladder to contract and squeeze out bile to help break down and digest the fat.

The ultrasound is pretty good at showing stones and polyps in the gallbladder. It is not so good at detecting "sludge" which are sand sized microcrystals that can form in the gallbladder, these are the precursors that will eventually form larger stones. So if your gallbladder is trying to squeeze a bag of sharp sand grains, then you will get pain and not enough bile at the right time. The best test for gallbladder efficiency is the HIDA scan.

In my case the Nexium did also provide some relief.

Keep pushing, you will get answers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Collector167 For This Useful Post:
breezyanna78 (03-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread