It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
(female)

JHA96 HB User
HELP Gallbladder???

I don't know what to do. Don't know if this is gallbladder or not, My shoulders are very tight (have been off and on for 2 years) neck hurts, headache. I have chest and back pain. But eating doesn't seem to make it better or worse. Had one bought of stomach pain, went to doc, they did a HIDA scan....came back at 7%. I thought for sure they would take it out. But said they didn't think it was causing all my trouble. Well was at ER a week ago with left side chest pain, thought i was having a heart attack. I am in pain most of the time, stabbing pain under left arm into chest, neck hurts, have swallowing issues going on. Doc said he didnt think it would effect my left side.....help don't know what to do

Old 04-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
(male)

Collector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB User
Re: HELP Gallbladder???

While it might be true that your gallbladder is not causing all your problems, with a 7% ejection score, your gallbladder needs to come out as it is barely functioning and is certainly causing many of your symptoms.

The doctor is wrong about the gallbladder not causing referred pain to the left side. I had pain under my right ribs (very common) and under my left ribs also. I also had a bout of sharp shooting pain in my left arm, I was concerned enough that I went to the hospital thinking it was my heart--it wasn't. Again right shoulder pain is a common symptom.

The neck pain, headaches and swallowing issues are not common symptoms, nor am I familiar with them. However, everybody has slightly different symptoms. The gallbladder has been referred to as the great mimic as it mimics a lot of other diseases.

You may want to seek a second opinion as gastroenterologists, just like other doctors vary in quality.

The following user gives a hug of support to Collector167:
CRoss6 (04-26-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Collector167 For This Useful Post:
JHA96 (04-22-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread