It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
(female)

jalynn07 HB User
Unhappy 5 months after gallbladder removal

So I had my gallbladder removed in December due to pain a low EF. I have never had any of the post gallbladder issues that most people have after having theirs removed. Here the last few days I have hurt really bad exactly where i did hurt before having my gb removed. I am also very sick to my stomach. I haven't ate anything today due to the nausea and pain. Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: 5 months after gallbladder removal

It could be a passing thing - I often get what I call phantom pain there. Or it could be a stone that was caught in the bile duct and missed. If it persists for another day, I'd call about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
(female)

Rhiannon68 HB User

I had mine out I think the same day as you, if I remember right. I still will get pains in the exact same area I did before I had my surgery. Dont get my wrong, I can tell its gone and I feel a lot better, but I will get real sore and ache like I used to. I even feel sick to my stomach and no appetite, it will last a week and go away. I had a spell with it a few weeks ago. I just will hurt so bad under my breast area and into my back. i did not have stones, but non functioning GB. I dont know what it is

Old 05-11-2012, 05:47 AM   #4
(female)

Rhiannon68 HB User

I also just connected with an old HS friend who had her GB out the day after I did, at the same surgeon's office (small world) and she too is having some of these symptoms as you describe, she has had tons of tests and all looks good.
I had to run to the potty everytime I ate for a month or so after my operation, but that too went away. I eat anything I want with no problems at all, I will just get that strange pain as you have and feel sick for a few days and it goes away. It really is annoying and makes me feel like hell for a few days.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
(female)

jalynn07 HB User

It seems to come and go. I figured it may be phantom pains or whatever. I haven't seen any difference in anything since after I have had my GB removed. I joke with my hubby that they didn't take it out. Nothing has changed and I haven't had any of the things most gallbladder removal patients have. Thanks for the support guys.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
(female)

Rhiannon68 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalynn07 View Post
It seems to come and go. I figured it may be phantom pains or whatever. I haven't seen any difference in anything since after I have had my GB removed. I joke with my hubby that they didn't take it out. Nothing has changed and I haven't had any of the things most gallbladder removal patients have. Thanks for the support guys.
OMG Now, I can really tell mine is out, I was in agnony, I could not eat or anything for months, I hurt so so bad and that pain is all gone, but the pain I get like its still there will pop up. I told my Dr and she ran tests and all looked good. I sure hope you start to feel better! Do you have GERD or any issues like that, Gastritis maybe???

Old 05-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

It has been 4 years for me and I still get the phantom pain. Just remember your bile shoots out and there is no gallbladder to catch the residue. So your stuck with gas and bloating.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

For the vast majority of people the body properly regulates the amount of bile produced to coincide with the amount of fat to digest so that gas and bloating are avoided. There are some whose bodies, for various reasons, cannot regulate as well. Quite often those are people who have had dietary or health issues prior to removal.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
(female)

jalynn07 HB User

So it has now been almost 8 months since I had my gb removed and I still have the same right upper quad pain. Today i has been a little worse the pain, and diareaha. I did some research and founf out that people who only have a low ef have a 50/50 shot of removal of the gb helping. Then there is also something called spincter of oddi malfunction. So I think if my missery continues I am going to talk to my dr about it. I am not overweight and I try to eat right and exercise. I just wish it would go away.

I also felt something in that area like a pulsation for a few minutes. any ideas Oh and I HAD a kidney stone in my right kidney that may still be there.

Last edited by jalynn07; 07-22-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: new symptom

Old 07-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #10
(female)

scoozel HB User

After my gallbladder removal, I too continued to have RUQ pain and developed severe reflux. 4 months after removal I was finally diagnosed with sphincter of oddi dysfunction and had a sphincterotomy. I've been great ever since. I encourage you to pursue that diagnosis!

Old 07-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #11
(male)

Leftywits HB User

I had that phantom pain for almost a year. it felt like something inside was pulling. But now after a year and a half it's gone. Just give it time.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #12
(female)

jalynn07 HB User

Sorry just going to follow up> After a week of this pain I developed pain in my left lower abdomen, and after 4 days of it I went to the DR and was given a ct scan which showed imflamation of my sigmoid colon. I was admitted to the hospital for 4 days to be given antibiotics. I was treated for diverticulitis but at only 26 I am what the dr said to young to have it. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy next week to see what may be going on.

Closed Thread