It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
(male)

iowabowhunter HB User
Exclamation Urgent: Please help... gallstone in bile duct

My wife has been in pain since Sunday night,,,,somtimes so severe she says it is worse then labor. She went to the dr. had a ultrasound and they found a lot of stones in her gallbladder. The dr thinks she may have one stuck in her bile duct cause of her pain and how her blood work came back. She is also becoming a little jaundice. She had to go in for an MRI this morning and we should know this afternoon. He has given her some pain meds and they help a bit, but she is nursing and is limited as to what she can take. The dr said if she has a stone in the bile duct they will have to remove it with a surgery and then she'll have to have another surgery to reomve the gallbladder. She is considering doing a flush with epson salt, olive oil, and lemon juice this evening. Could this help to remove the stone from the bile duct??

Thanks
Bob

Old 05-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Urgent: Please help... gallstone in bile duct

No, please don't let her do that. She could really do irreparable damage to the bile duct. Tell her to lay off ALL fat and ALL roughage until they do the ERCP.....and until she has the gb out. She needs to have both done

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
iowabowhunter (05-15-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
(male)

iowabowhunter HB User

Some good news,,,I think. The MRI came back and there is no blockage in the bile duct. She was in terrible pain last night and the Dr. thinks she passed the stone. She is still hurting some today, but is feeling much better. Still very tender in her abs where the gallbladder is. So do you think it is ok now to do a cleanse,,,,or just forget about it and get the thing removed.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User

I'll just bet passing that gallstone was painful and it could happen again...I'm no doctor but I would definitely advise against the cleanse. Hopefully your wife will be able to meet with the best surgeon in your area and have the gallbladder surgery ASAP!

Old 05-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
(male)

iowabowhunter HB User

That's what i was thinking,,,,we don't want another to move into the duct. She has a consultation appointment. tomorrow

Old 05-16-2012, 03:48 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

No - have it out. She is risking a lot of damage here. And at this rate something could rupture. Have it out.
And make sure they check the bile duct well while they are in there...it's a simply surgery - I jogged 2 miles a week after having mine out.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
(male)

iowabowhunter HB User

She has an appointment Monday,,,,they can't get her in before that.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Be sure she eats NO fat until this is resolved. Nothing fried, no salad dressing, no eggs, no milk, no cheese, no red meat, little or no pork, no suaces, no gravy, etc, etc.

Closed Thread