It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #16
(male)

Jordy487 HB User
Re: Has anyone had dull gallbladder pain (instead of sharp pain)

So I finally got insurance, and have an appointment with my family doctor next Thursday, the 12th. I've have a couple of fairly pain/nausea free weeks, but yesterday I was at the zoo with my family and suddenly got that oh so familiar feeling of being nauseous for no real reason. Today I've had alot of gnawing and cramping all over my abdomen along with sporadic nausea and not much appetite. As much as I hate going to doctors and having needles stuck in me, I can't wait until next Thursday when (hopefully) my road to recovery and a normal life begins.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #17
(female)

jellygirl HB User

I have been told that my symptoms may not be caused by my gb and a surgeon has requested a ct scan on my pancreas. Really confused as i was close to having my gb o

ut!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2012, 05:47 AM   #18
(male)

Jordy487 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellygirl View Post
I have been told that my symptoms may not be caused by my gb and a surgeon has requested a ct scan on my pancreas. Really confused as i was close to having my gb o

ut!
My wife had pancreatitis a couple of years ago, it wasn't fun. I hope they don't find anything wrong with your pancreas, as that is a more complicated organ to deal with than the gallbladder. Although I know sometimes a bad gallbladder can affect your pancreas, so maybe it is still your gallbladder that is the culprit and having it removed will help your pancreas too, if there is anything wrong with it. I hope whatever it is, the doctors can pinpoint it and take care of it for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordy487 For This Useful Post:
jellygirl (07-03-2012)
Old 07-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #19
(female)

jellygirl HB User

Thanks - Im hoping for a proper diagnosis soon

Old 07-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #20
(female)

zeror1213 HB User

I have had the pain the both of you have been talking about for 6 mouths and I am always nausea a lot. I vomit almost 3 times a week and I have lost 30 lbs. I was not overwieght before so I feel like I am going to waste away before any doctor will listen. I have MS so when I went to my family doctor he thought it was because they are not taking care of my MS the right way and when I talk to my neurologist he thinks it's my family doc who should send me to a GI guy. I wish they would care about what I'm saying and not what the other is not doing. I am only 18 years old and I need to be able to live my life, but I can't go anywhere because my lack of energy and all my friends are afraid of hanging out because they think it's took much for me. I need to know what I should do to make them listen to me???

Old 07-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #21
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

If your insurance requires a referral, then you should get the neurologist to tell the family doc to refer you. If it doesn't require a referral, then just find one and go!

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
zeror1213 (07-08-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #22
(female)

zeror1213 HB User

It requires a referal and I have an appt tomorrow with the nuerologist so hopefully I can get him to refer me. Thanks for your help.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #23
(male)

Jordy487 HB User

I went to the doctor today and gave him my story, and he immediately said the next course of action should be a HIDA scan, and if that finds that my GB is bad he'll set me up with a surgeon and if it comes back saying the GB is ok he'll set me up with a GI doctor. I told him about my ulcer/GERD/reflux type pains, and he said that could be from GB disease, which can sometimes cause bile to back up into my stomach and cause gastritis. I'm starting prilosec again to see if that helps with the reflux and gerd.

Anyway, I get my HIDA scan on Tuesday. I've conquered my fears about getting blood drawn, now I just have to conquer my fears about getting an IV. I've never had one, so I don't know how much pain to expect. Some people look like they're going to oass out when they get them, and some people (like my wife) can just sit there and watch them put it in like it's no big deal. Guess I'll find out in a few days how I react to it.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #24
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Good deal! Keep us posted. And don't worry about the IV - it'll be fine.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #25
(male)

Jordy487 HB User

I'm not worried about any IVs right now... I'm in so much misery and discomfort right now I don't care how many needles they need to stick in me to get me fixed. I hope the HIDA scan shows my gallbladder is dysfunctional and I can have it taken out soon. I hope the gallbladder is what's causing all my misery. The past couple of days I've had general discomfort all over my abdomen, but especially in my mid-upper abdomen right below my breast bone, and I've been real nauseous (with some vomiting) and haven't had much of an appetite at all. Also, I've been very fatigued and lethargic... it's driving my wife nuts because all I want to do right now is lay on the couch and nap. I stay home during the day with my two children (aged 5 and 2), and I feel bad for them because I just don't feel like doing anything fun with them right now, and I've been losing my temper with them very easily because I'm so miserable. So yeah, I hope it's my gallbladder that's the problem and that taking it out will cure most, if not all, of my symptoms.

Last edited by Jordy487; 07-13-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #26
Facilitator
(female)

Be sure to eat NO Fat. It should help some. Keep us posted.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #27
(male)

Jordy487 HB User

I have been eating no fat, but it doesn't really seem to matter what I eat lately, or if I eat at all... the pain and discomfort is there.

I guess I could look on the bright side and be thankful that it's making me lose weight very easily, lol.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #28
(male)

Jordy487 HB User

Had my HIDA scan today... my gallbladder is working normally. The ejection rate was 62%. Now I'm supposed to see a GI Doctor to try to figure out what is wrong with me. The first thing they'll check for is gastritis and they'll probably do an endoscope. So I guess my time on the Gallbladder section of this forum is over... Thank you Titchou for your support and the information you've given me.

The following user gives a hug of support to Jordy487:
Titchou (07-17-2012)
Old 07-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #29
Facilitator
(female)

Sorry this didn't give you resolution but glad you at least are narrowing it down. Best of luck...and glad the gb at least is working!

The following user gives a hug of support to Titchou:
Jordy487 (07-17-2012)
Old 07-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #30
(male)

Jordy487 HB User

Thanks. My next hope is that it is gastritis and that upping my daily Prilosec and/or getting on antibiotics for H. Pylori (if I have it) will clear it up.

Closed Thread