It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
(female)

sealear HB User
Scar tissue from gallbladder removal?

I had my gallbladder removed laproscopically February, 2008. Within the last few months, I have felt a burning and some kind of sensation right around the scar at the top of my stomach (where the gladder would be). I don't feel it all of the time...just different times of the day. It is not something terrible but it gets my attention. I went to the nurse practitioner and she said (after feeling that area) that it is most likely scar tissue. Anyone experience this after gallbladder removal...especially a few years later. Thank you.

Last edited by sealear; 06-14-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Scar tissue from gallbladder removal?

Hmm...gallbladder isn't located there. It's down below the right curve of the rib cage.
Have no idea what it could be other than a pulled muscle or chest wall infection.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
(female)

sealear HB User

Hi, yes, I know where the gallbladder "was".... One of the scars from my surgery is at the top of the abdomen and the feeling starts from there and goes to the right ...toward the rib cage. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:09 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Sorry, have not heard of that happening. There is so small an incision that scar tissue is very minimal. Perhaps heartburn or some other digestive issue?

Old 11-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
(female)

sholchak HB User

I had my gallbladder removed April of 09, laproscopic as well, and I still have problems from it. I get the most painful gas bubbles in my stomach now, or somewhere in that vacinity. They almost feel like someone is squeezing my insides, it takes my breath away. I do get bad pains at the top incision that goes around to the right. I have also had a very hard time when it comes to running or working out. First I thought it was just runners cramps, but the pain around the top two incisions on the right, its unbearable. Which frustrates me because I cannot finish my work out, it hurts too bad. I am not sure if it is built up scar tissue or what. I recently found out that a lot of doctors recommened that you take a daily supplement or something to help with the digestion process after your gallbladder had been removed. My doctor did not mention any of this too me. I wonder if that is why I have had so many problems after my surgery. I hope you figure yours out! Im going to go to the doctor for mine soon and see what they say.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
(female)

sealear HB User

Hi, sorry you are having trouble, too. When I had surgery all I was told is that I could eat whatever I wanted and shouldn't have any problems.since going to my doctor this year..and the nurse practioner regarding the pain, they said its scar tissue. Well, since then...a few months later....I get this feeling....where the incision is and where the GB is supposed to be...of something moving inside me... Sort of like a baby moving or a snake is slithering in my intestine....but only in that spot. Wierd, huh? Well, I went to doctor several times and he said I could have IBS....although I don't have symptoms.....or it's just my intestines working....sometime there is pain but is more down by my right lower rib cage and around to my back. He felt my stomach ... Did no tests...and told me not to worry. Just wondering if you feel anything like that. Please let me know what your doctor says. Have a nice holiday!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #7
(female)

primalseams HB User

i also have similar pain and concerns. My GB was removed three years ago. It took a long time for muscle pain to subside and I find that I always feel a kind of "tug" where the GB was. There are times (and I am going thru one) where it really burns. I am quite thin around my rib cage and not very strong- I find that when I try to do upper body work outs of do a lot of physical labor that area burn/aches. So I am thinking adhesions?
I also gave myself gastritis from too many NSAIDS (catch 22 as I took them to help my abdominal pain...) and that pain is on the right. So it is very difficult to know what is what. Had ultrasound/blood work last time I was really concerned and all fine. But I always have the lingering concern that there might be a SOD issue- though I don't really fit other than chronic low grade discomfort. Then I thought about pancreas.... yikes. My gastro is thinking I should have an MRCP but I am wondering if that is overkill and there really is a thing as post GB muscle/tissue pain...?

Old 03-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
(female)

nana b HB Usernana b HB Usernana b HB User
Unhappy Re: Scar tissue from gallbladder removal?

I have had scar tissue removal from gall bladder surgery and appendix surgery. I just seem to make the stuff. It gives me pain and it gives me a tugging feeling if I am laying on my side to sleep on the opposite side from which it hurts.

At times it is bad enough to take pain meds.

I wish there was a solution besides surgery for it, but I don't know one.

anyone have any luck calming it down without surgery.

Closed Thread

Tags
gallbladder, pain on right side after gallbladder surgery, scar tissue