It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #16
(female)

Anissa1997 HB User
Re: Hida scan & ultrasound normal. Help!

Have they looked into Sphincter Of Oddi dysfuction? Its little muscles in the stomach that controls, bile from the gallbladder and pancreas juices to help digestive food, Does it hurt more when you eat? Or just random? If you don't mind me asking what other test have they done on you?

Old 07-03-2012, 04:16 AM   #17
(female)

Krystle042881 HB User

Niki, I am so sorry you are going through this crap! I would have replied sooner, but I never received an email telling me there was a post. I just happen to look today and saw yours. My daughter is now 2 Months and the doctor keeps telling me she is in the referral system to get an apointment with Detroit's Children's Hospital...One of there Pediatrician G.I.s. I keep on them like no other and I will continue too. I am about to call myself and find out why it would take so long to see someone. The doctors that figured out her allergy to cows milk protein had told me the same...it is not causing her any problems. I find it hard to believe that they would know that since it is rare and every case study I have read....They removed it. The reason they remove it...Because it doesn't go away on it's own and it shouldn't be there. It can cause problems down the road. Most likely the problem you are having. If the doctors cannot find anything else wrong with you, it makes sense to me that it is the cyst. This journey with my daughter has made me like doctors less and less. Whatever you do...do not stop bugging until something gets done. If you have to go to a bunch of doctors so be it! Like I have said...I have not found any research stating they left it there. There is a possibilty it will never cause problems for my daughter, but even a 1% chance it will is worth getting it removed. Please let me know what you find out. My theory on the doctors: They do not want to mess with it because they then would have to do more work: Research it, find the right procedure, etc... Most of the medical stuff I had found was in other countries where they are more medically advanced. Hope to hear from you soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #18
(female)

Niki1980 HB UserNiki1980 HB User

Hi guys. Just had spoke with a general surgeon and he thinks it is most likely my gall bladder. I have this scheduled to be removed this Friday. I really hope I am choosing the right thing to do. I did speak to him regarding the Cysts and his opinion was that it was unlikely that these cysts are causing my problems. He also stated that because I have been nauseated for 2 months (which are gall bladder symptoms) and the fact that the endoscopy showed excess bile in my stomach with mild spots of gastritis and that my Hida Scan was 98% that it is most likely my gall bladder. Wish me luck.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #19
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anissa1997 View Post
Have they looked into Sphincter Of Oddi dysfuction? Its little muscles in the stomach that controls, bile from the gallbladder and pancreas juices to help digestive food, Does it hurt more when you eat? Or just random? If you don't mind me asking what other test have they done on you?
Anissa, Hi. I have every test done: hida scan (98%), endoscopy, colonoscopy, ultra sound of gall bladder and ovaries (no stones), ct scan of chest and abdomen (mesenteric cysts found but they don't think these are a problem), and chest x-rays. All were normal except that the endoscopy showed excess bile in the stomach and spots of gastritis which could be caused by bile. Talk to me about the Sphincter of Oddi. I have read up on this but none of the doctors seem to think that this is my problem. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Old 07-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #20
(female)

Krystle042881 HB User

Good Luck and I do hope it is your gall bladder. I think just to be safe you should do some research through a library like I did. All medical information is factual. I will copy and paste a few things I found....I have to hurry up and get out of the house to get stuff done...but hold on. I will post it in a seperate post and try to find some of the websites, but of my research was through my college library. I just don't understand why they cannot remove them while they are in there. They do no good and there is a chance they can cause problems. To me any chance is too much. Just go with you gut feeling though.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #21
(female)

Krystle042881 HB User

Mesenteric cysts are another type of abdominal cyst. This kind of cyst is so named because they develop in the mesentery, the area of the peritoneum that encompasses the gastrointestinal tract and extends from the duodenum to the rectum. While most abdominal cysts are not dangerous, they should not be ignored. Due to the simple fact that some cysts can grow from the size of a pea to a grapefruit over time, they can sometimes present complications. Pain, unexplained bleeding and bowel obstruction, should be investigated without delay.

Mesenteric cysts are a rare cause of abdominal pain. They are identified in approximately 1 of every 100,000 adult hospital admissions.1-3 The etiology of mesenteric cysts has yet to be determined, but failure of the lymph nodes to communicate with the lymphatic or venous systems or blockage of the lymphatics as a result of trauma, infection, and neoplasms are said to be contributing factors.

Mesenteric cysts are typically discovered incidentally while patients are undergoing work-up or receiving treatment for other conditions, such as appendicitis, small bowel obstruction, or diverticulitis. Clinically, patients with these cysts present with abdominal pain, distention, vomiting, and nausea, which is the common symptomology for abdominal disease. Performing a thorough physical examination and conducting ultrasonography and computed tomography (CT) evaluations are key in diagnosing mesenteric cysts.

Those are just a few things I still had on my computer and not printed out. I am crossing my t's and dotting my i's. I already had a doctor tell me the wrong definition of it. He just tried to get past the subject and thought I did not know anything. He found out differently. I have landed only twice in my life in the E.R. and it was the fault of two different O.B.G.Y.N's. My faith in doctors is low. Factual research never hurts...Good luck with everything and keep us updated.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #22
(female)

Hello everyone. Just had my gall bladder removed Friday. My consultation with the surgeon went like this: he says because i have had every test in the book done and because i have been so sick with nausea for 2 months that he is willing to remove my gall bladder. He also said he was 60 - 80% positive that it was my gall bladder, but there was a chance that it was not. This made me rethink everything but i still went ahead with the surgery anyways. And boy am i glad i did. The surgeon said it was a good thing I pushed for this because my gall badder had shrunk and had a lot of scarring and adhesions. He said he had to peel it off of my liver. He even removed one of the cysts on my ovaries. So thanks to all for the support and the info. Is there any magic button one could push to expedite the gas they put in you to come out a little faster? It is more bothersome than the stitches. I am following the advice from titchou about a low at diet. I never really eat a poor diet to begin with, but I haven't had any issues with food thus far. Thanks again.

The following user gives a hug of support to Niki1980:
Titchou (07-08-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #23
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Well, you could give your surgeon a hard time about not releasing it all but I doubt that would help much! Walking is your best bet....just keep moving, also maybe a heating pad. I was lucky - my doc released it all and I never had any problems from it. Continued good healing and a pat on the back for pushing for what you knew you needed.

Closed Thread