It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
(female)

Jladyblu HB User
Red face Gallbladder or Gerd

I am feeling extremely frustrated. I had a double pass in April of this year. I suddenly start have upper chest pain that goes into my back on the right side of my rib cage, into my arms. It is horrible. Went to the ER, kept over night had an Echo test done and all is normal with my heart. (Very grateful for that), however if I eat anything or drink anything the pain is so intense I can hardly stand it. If I walk the pain is more intense. As a matter of a fact that is how it started was when I would walk the pain would be so bad I could hardly stand to move and when I would rest then it would go away. Now it is moving or resting. I do have acid reflux which was determined several years ago, but nothing will ease the pain. The only thing that keeps the pain away is if I don't consume anything at all. I asked while in the hospital if it could be my gallbladder and was told that the blood tests show that it is not, so the only thing that could be wrong with me is either acid reflux or scar tissue. My acid reflux was always controlled by either prilosc or Zegerid and now suddenly nothing will work at all. Help I am at a loss and in so much pain.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
(male)

Collector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB User
Re: Gallbladder or Gerd

If it is any comfort it is unlikely that it is your gallbladder that is causing most of your symptoms. However, as we get older, most people will develop gallstones, but for many they are just an annoyance.

The gallbladder will usually cause nausea, diarrhea, bloating, burping, pain under the right ribs, pain in the right shoulder, pain in the back, it will usually result in pale stool. That is not to say that you cannot have referred pain to places like the arm--I have had it.

Usually it is some time after you eat, when the gallbladder is trying to contract that you will feel pain and discomfort.

A blood test would only likely show something if a duct was totally blocked. Usually the protocol to test for gallbladder disease is to do an ultrasound and then the definitive gallbladder function test, the HIDA scan.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
(female)

Jladyblu HB User

Thank you for the information. I have an appointment with a GI doctor next week and hopefully he will be able to shed light on this.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
(female)

Licha HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jladyblu View Post
I am feeling extremely frustrated. I had a double pass in April of this year. I suddenly start have upper chest pain that goes into my back on the right side of my rib cage, into my arms. It is horrible. Went to the ER, kept over night had an Echo test done and all is normal with my heart. (Very grateful for that), however if I eat anything or drink anything the pain is so intense I can hardly stand it. If I walk the pain is more intense. As a matter of a fact that is how it started was when I would walk the pain would be so bad I could hardly stand to move and when I would rest then it would go away. Now it is moving or resting. I do have acid reflux which was determined several years ago, but nothing will ease the pain. The only thing that keeps the pain away is if I don't consume anything at all. I asked while in the hospital if it could be my gallbladder and was told that the blood tests show that it is not, so the only thing that could be wrong with me is either acid reflux or scar tissue. My acid reflux was always controlled by either prilosc or Zegerid and now suddenly nothing will work at all. Help I am at a loss and in so much pain.
My doctor did blood work and tried to tell me I had acid reflux. I was having horrible pain in my stomach that moved around to my back, I couldnt walk, lay, sit or anything. I demanded and ultra sound on my gallbladder after 4 months of the pain and YES I have gallstones. Im scheduled to have it removed in the morning.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
(female)

Jladyblu HB User

Believe it or not, I just came home from the hospital a little while ago. As I previously said I had a double bypass 2 months ago. This time, I was having a heart attack and had to have a stint put in because one of my arteries was 100% clogged. They took care of it and I am better. I am a female, and we have weird symptoms, so I was told. I suggest any chest pains, right side left side, don't put it off, I am very very fortunate to be here. Also just a suggestion regardless of how their tests come out, if you're in real pain, keep pushing them until you find out the source of it. All it takes is waiting too long! It is their job to search until they figure it out. Glad to be alive!

Closed Thread

Tags
acid reflux, gallbladder, gerd