It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
(female)

Proveninnocent HB User
Cool Chest pain following Gall Bladder surgery

I had my Gall bladder removed May 17th. It is now the end of June and I am still experiencing the following symptoms: gas, some fullness after eating, pains in my chest and sternum, sometimes radiating into my back. The sternum pain is worrisome as it feels like a heart attack. I know that it isn't because it has come and gone several times, but excruciating each time. I feel like it may be trapped gas. I have found that following a low-fat diet, avoiding sweets, and following the "Pain Free in a Day" guidelines, that my symptoms are diminished. The "Pain Free in a Day" program teaches you what foods to eat together so that gas and digestive problems are diminished or non-existant. Hopes this helps someone.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
(female)

jessikat3184 HB User
Re: Chest pain following Gall Bladder surgery

I had my gallbladder out October 26th of last year, and the chest pain was horrible after surgery. I can still eat certain foods or sometimes when I can't eat until later in the night I will wake up the next morning with aweful chest pain. It is few and far between with my chest pain. I just have to sit up straight or lean forward to get it to go away. I have found if I eat a piece of plain bread, it will help with that pain. It was explained to me that it was bile in my stomach causing the pain. I will try what you have said. Thanks for posting your experience.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread