It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
(female)

miranda9280 HB User
Gallbladder Symptoms Questions!

I have been told that my gallbladder does not function properly. I have had an ultrasound (showed no stones) and a HIDA scan, showing that I had a very low ejection rate.

My question is...what were your symptoms and do my symptoms sound typical? I instantly know after I've eaten something fatty but I have had kind of a dull, achy pain for a few days now, regardless of what I've eaten. It is in the front, under the right rib cage, but also causes back pain. The back pain sometimes radiates up and sometimes radiates down. Is this normal to have this constant, dull ache or should I be exploring other possibilities? I know I should get my gallbladder taken out...I just have a huge fear of surgery and a fear that all the pain I'm experiencing isn't just from my gallbladder.

Any advice appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Gallbladder Symptoms Questions!

THose are exactly the symptoms of gallbladder problems. Sounds like your doctors have zeroed in on the problem. Be sure to eat no fat from now until about 3 weeks after the surgery. Then slowly add it back into your diet - like a pat of butter a day.

Keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
(female)

miranda9280 HB User

thanks for your reply! Is it normal to have the pain even after eating nothing? I have had this dull pain almost constantly for a month.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Yes, a dull ache from a damaged gb would be normal. Just like you have a sore muscle from a workout for a couple of days, you'd have the same thing with a gb. And eating doesn't have naything to do with it - it's ingesting fat in particular. So if you ate a faty meal today it could be sore for the rest of the week.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
(female)

miranda9280 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Yes, a dull ache from a damaged gb would be normal. Just like you have a sore muscle from a workout for a couple of days, you'd have the same thing with a gb. And eating doesn't have naything to do with it - it's ingesting fat in particular. So if you ate a faty meal today it could be sore for the rest of the week.
Well, that makes sense. It just made me nervous thinking that it could be something else. I need to just bite the bullet and have it removed.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
(female)

Sandyme65 HB User

Yikes! I have had this dull to moderate ache/pain under my rib cage and pain in my low to mid back for over a year now. I have had many tests, including HIDA. The HIDA showed a slightly low functioning GB, but not enough for surgery. I will have to check my number. I have had CT Scans, Liver, kidney checked, colonoscopy, on and on. I have not had good quality of life for more than a year. I really can sympathize with you. They also said I had an enlarged bile duct, but didn't say what that was from. How does anyone ever figure out what is really wrong? I am so tired of living with this!!
Good Luvk to you miranda9280!!! Hang in there.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
(female)

thuck HB User

That is exactly how I have been too. They told me at first that it was NOT the gallbladder but now they have changed their mind. I had a ERCP and they did a brushing of the distal bile duct in which came back abnormal...cluster of atypical cells suspicious for malignancy. Highly recommend a biopsy.

The reason they did the ERCP is due to the MRCP showing a narrowing of the distal common bile duct. Next, they did the endoscopic ultrasound to get a closer look and a biopsy. I am still waiting on the results (they did the Fine Needle Aspiration). They said it shows my bile duct has some abnormalities possibly consistent with sludge like material. So...now I'm scheduled for another ERCP to clean the bile duct and the next day I will have my gallbladder removed. I have to wait till Dec. 13th. In the meantime, its a constant, nagging, dull ache that intensifies after I eat.

I sure pray for you to get some relief and answers soon! Its the not knowing that is so hard (for me anyways).

Old 11-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #8
(female)

Scorpio3172 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Hello i too have pain in my abdomen right front below rib cage that moves down my pelvis ..lots of burping and tummy discomfort,but I wonder if the pain in my kidney area is normal gallbladder symptom?..hoping for a reply.. thanks in advance..

Old 11-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

Typically it doesn't run down into your pelvis but around and into your back and shoulder. but I would surely get it checked out.

Reply Reply